Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2010 R/T has the 3 air controls, and one day my fan speed dial was not working as 2 speeds did not work for some reason. I bought the new cluster (3 knob unit) and disconnected the battery and installed it.

Don't unless you want to damage your actuator motors / doors The unit must be calibrated with a dealer device. Learn from my ignorance! Without calibrating the new unit, the door motors lose the proper travel sequence and you break things.

You don't want to know how much this can cost you at the dealership:|

Hope this helps,
Dino F.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Usually when speeds don’t work it a bad resistor.

Reactions: PSM450

·
Registered
881 Posts
This kind of stuff makes me like my '98 Chev pickup. I've worked on its cluster controls, heater controls 4x switch etc. And I can fix them myself with parts that don't cost much.

Alas the old muscle cars had a lot of faults but working on them for the average guy wasn't one of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It can also be the plastic in which the electrical contacts behind the dial are fixed in melting. On the higher speeds the contacts can heat up, causing the plastic to melt.

Mine had. 4 stopped working, I Googled it and that was suggested on other forums, so I stripped it down to check, and sure enough the contact for 4 had melted and moved away from the moving part contact, causing them not to make a circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts