Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted custom leather seats in my 2010 R/T, but did not like the factory styles...so I ordered the car with cloth seats and did some research...I looked at a number of web-sites and ended up ordering a kit from Leatherseats.com...they have a good web site that allows you to pick all the options you want..but then suggest you call them for the final order...they were very helpful on the phone and even sent FREE samples of leather so I could see the colors and they e-mailed me pics of various embroidered logos...

I chose a dark grey seat to match the stock interior color and a ligher gray insert...I also opted for the more expensive grade leather based on the samples...it was $200 more but worth every penny for me...I got light gray double stitching around the borders and an "R/T Challenger" logo on the front seat backs..the R/T is in white stitch with black edges and the Challenger is in red (I have the inferno red paint)

I did the installation myself (no help) and it took about 8 hours. a lot of time was spend figuring out how to disssemble the various pannels, etc...and I even had to made up a tool to get the seatback handle off...I could probaby do the next car in about 2 hours....I heard the headrests were the hardest, but I learned a trick of putting a garbage bag over the foam and hooking up a vaccum to it....IT WORKS!!! that foam gets sucked to about 1/2 the size and the cover just slips right on over...

The quality of the kit is outstanding and the seats look better than factory...I just LOVE the final result...it is like having a new car all over again...I would recommend this mod to anyone with cloth seats...

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds cool. How about some pics? I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be asking.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Pics....need pics!
(Fury s RT was correct:browsmiley:)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yes pics please!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts