Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say this was a very ex install, less than 2 hours start to finish, I think the hardest part was removing the 6 rubber hangers.

For what I paid for the complete new system ($430 shipped) I think it would be hard to beat. I'll get some pics & a video as soon as the weather allows.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I have been debating this system for a while now simply because there isn't much on it as far as people buying it, and if they are they aren't posting pics or videos. I am most concerned on the drone noise inside the car. Let me know your feedback, thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update on the Dynomax Ultra Flo, we had the car out Sunday & drove it around for about 100 miles, at certain cruising speeds the sound is ok, even with the MDS on. I'm not sure if what we are hearing is what everyone calls "drone", but I'm going to swap the Ultra Flo mufflers to the VT's, I'll try to do a video of both muffler systems.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I think you will find yourself very pleased with the VT mufflers. I had stock pipes with nothing but a pair of short magnaflows. After putting on my LTH and catless mids the drone was horrible. I went with the Dynomax VT catback and was extremely pleased. I was afraid it would be too quiet at normal driving but it actually sounds very good. Then we you go WOT it basically opens up to straight pipes and sounds awesome. I went to drill this past weekend and all the gearhead guys wanted to know what exhaust I had on my car. Yeah you don't get much of a reaction when you tell them Dynomax versus something more common like Magnaflow or Flowmaster but they all flocked to the car wanting to know before they knew what it was.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I've been very happy with the VTs myself. Well worth the purchase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I swapped the Ultra Flo's out today, installed the VT's, idle not as loud, interior sound is very quiet at all speeds, even when the MDS is on, had my wife drive it so I could shoot this short video.

It's best to hear this on a desktop computer, it sounds crappy on my laptop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts