1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Congrats, They are nice but there are a couple of things that are a little harder than it looks like. At least on my car.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
It hooks between the two sides. When it's hooke up and your hazards are on they blink normal but if you leave it unplugged they start in the middle and go outwards. I've heard that is illegal in some states but I don't know where. I ran mine but have it unhooked incase the cops give me a hard time some time.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
^ Good bit of info. I can believe some troopers would give you grief for the "directional signs" on the back of your car. Personally I can't wait to get mine bought and installed :)

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
probably one of the best mods for the bucks I've ever done. People love 'em!!

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Is this how the tail lights operated back in the day? On the 1st generation Challengers?

I think Ford was the one who did that on the Mustang, and maybe the Cougar or T-Bird. I'm sure someone will chime in with more exact details.

·
Registered
228 Posts
just finished installing mine

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
i thought about these but once i found out the 2011 mustang has them from the factory i decided against it...all i see on the road are camaros and mustangs

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Banned
1,898 Posts
It looks a whole lot better with LED bulbs than filament bulbs. The you tube video posted are pcb LEDs. I plan on getting my sequential harness in a week and getting all my bulbs in led. I will post a vid when it's done. I haven't seen any video yet with just the filament replacement led bulbs.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
240 Posts
It looks a whole lot better with LED bulbs than filament bulbs. The you tube video posted are pcb LEDs. I plan on getting my sequential harness in a week and getting all my bulbs in led. I will post a vid when it's done. I haven't seen any video yet with just the filament replacement led bulbs.

Here's a vid of LED lights:

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
how'd it turn out? Id be interested in seeing video :grinbiginvert:

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
My wife wants these SO bad, doesn't care that Ford originated them w/ the Cougar. I have nothing against them, I'm just hesitant after hearing about how the kit can be rather flakey with the Challenger. Speed changes, not working, out of sync, etc. I really don't want to spend $150 on something that's flakey.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.