Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't understand this. Each time I get my SPS out for a thrash it seems to perform better than the previous outing. Is this just me, or is the car continously adapting and breaking in? Anyone else experience this?

Took the "Green Elephant" out today and just seemed to run better than ever. Crisp throttle response. Tranny(A8) shifted up and down with precision. Thanks Dodge, you engineers and factory guys deserve a gob-o-credit!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking maybe he hit that 3750 mile mark.
You were close.....It has 3350 miles.

Not just the power.....it's the total package: handling(suspension), trans, power, and overall manners. I like that it has some of the raw manners of an old school 440 sixpak. That's very cool. Maybe it's psychological.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The air is getting cooler the Hemi loves cool dense air it carries more fuel, more fuel/air more POWER!

ringy dingy we have winner....:cheers:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The air is getting cooler the Hemi loves cool dense air it carries more fuel, more fuel/air more POWER!
ringy dingy we have winner....:cheers:
Hey guys, I think you might be wrong for 2 reasons, so let's examine your assertion a little closer. Let's break this down in two steps:

Reason #1(this is a quick one): Why did my Challenger run better this last summer than it did the previous fall? Remember, I said there is a continuous improvement across the board, including power, but not just power. All systems seem to get better over time regardless of ambient temps.

Let's discuss this one and then I'll present the real reason for the HP increase. I have a feeling someone will beat me to the punch. Ha!

BTW, if this was a carbed motor I would flat out agree with you. (Hint?)

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
I was overseas for about 11 days last month, and before I left I was stuck with driving my wife's nice SXT Charger. 2 weeks later I finally got to drive my Scat Pack. Holy smokes did she seem extra fast! I'm thinking my butt dyno was just out of tune from not driving her.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have about 3k miles and noticed the engine seems a little more responsive. Either it has loosened up/broke in.....Or is it possible the ECU is programed in such a way as to change things at certain points/mileage during break in?

I know my 2003 Rubicon mentioned in the OPMAN that the shift points will adjust to your driving, so if you drive like a granny it will shift at lower RPMs. The more aggressive you drive the higher the rpm shift points and if you disconnect battery it will reset trans shift points.

I have an M6 so if there isn't any ECU changes at various intervals it must be a combo of normal breakin and cooler air.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,235 Posts
My car got better and better as I have put more miles on it. This was proven out to me at the drag strip, I started racing it at around 1,000 miles and quarter mile times improved as I put more miles on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts