Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I shell out over $600 for new rotors (factory slotted) and brake pads (Hawk HPS) and as soon as my wife drives the car they start squealing, about an hour after the install. This is on my 07 Magnum SRT8, anyway I get back in the seat to get a feel for the brakes. I had just installed them this morning and followed the bedding in procedure also. So I figure lets get out on the highway and get up to 70 ish and get on them a little bit. Well the good news is the new brakes work great the bad news is I hit a fricken deer. I just clipped it's ass but the damage, suprisingly, isnt that bad, broken headlight and slightly dented fender on the drivers side.:disgust:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
So I shell out over $600 for new rotors (factory slotted) and brake pads (Hawk HPS) and as soon as my wife drives the car they start squealing, about an hour after the install. This is on my 07 Magnum SRT8, anyway I get back in the seat to get a feel for the brakes. I had just installed them this morning and followed the bedding in procedure also. So I figure lets get out on the highway and get up to 70 ish and get on them a little bit. Well the good news is the new brakes work great the bad news is I hit a fricken deer. I just clipped it's ass but the damage, suprisingly, isnt that bad, broken headlight and slightly dented fender on the drivers side.:disgust:
I'm glad you're alright & it wasn't more serious. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm sorry man, but while that sucks complete and total a$$...I laughed pretty [email protected] hard at the bad news bit. I just seems like something that would happen to someone who probably took immaculate care of their ride only to have a little fun with it and jack it up. I'm sure that's going to happen to me one day, lol.

Glad you aren't hurt and your new breaks work great! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
402 Posts
That sucks. Glad the damage was minimal. Those deer can create some serious damage.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes at least knowone got hurt it could have been alot worse for sure. My son said dad there's a deer, I was in the left lane and an Explorer was in the right lane blocking it from my view, have no idea how my son saw it. It jumped out in front of the Explorer, thats when I saw it and hit the brakes and the deer. Thank God I only clipped it, if it had been square in the middle it could have came thru the windshield.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I feel your pain man, December 28th 2009 some a-hole backed into my car and crushed the nose of it, then to top it all off they bailed. No insurance details or anything. Got any more details on the factory slotted brakes? I am intrigued.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rotors are just the oem replacements for the SRT8, I was assuming that they were BREMBO's but they came in regular brown Mopar boxes. Removing the old rotors was a "PITA" it was like they were welded on. Anyway From what I can tell they will have to replace the driver side fender, headlight and front bumper cover, it cracked just below the headlight.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
What was left of the deer? Wouldnt have been hard to recoup the cost of fixing the car through selling venison sausage and jerky lol

Oh and if you do, let me know so I can PM you my address

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Yeah, if God intended us not to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat. :cowfrown:
And he would have given them the natural ability not to walk into high traffic areas. Still, makes for some damn tasty traffic ha ha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts