Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOCO - 10-Amp Smart Battery Charger - GENIUS10

Charges faster then what i have now.

Must have $1000 in chargers laying around, still looking for a better one !!

The NOCO I have now are just to slow, hoping 10 Amps will get shit moving along......................

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,440 Posts
NOCO - 10-Amp Smart Battery Charger - GENIUS10

Charges faster then what i have now.

Must have $1000 in chargers laying around, still looking for a better one !!

The NOCO I have now are just to slow, hoping 10 Amps will get shit moving along......................
Too slow for what use? If the battery is fully discharged, 10 amps would bring it back to full quicker, but that will reduce its overall lifespan by a small amount from what I understand. Doing it once is probably not an issue, but if it’s continually getting discharged and then recharged via a 10 amp charger, the battery probably will not last very long.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tons of tenders, like 1.5 amp - 2 amp. which gives my 10 years on most bats I have.............(same brand charger)

Which takes HOURS when battery's are 25%, want to drive now dam it !!!!

I am nuts, just like buying bat chargers I guess

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My '15 SRT sits for long periods and have never needed a charger....yet.
Proven to help extend life, bat tenders for 15 years now. ATV's ,Garden tractor, snow blower and zero turn always need a charge.
10 plus cars and 6 little bats

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Proven to help extend life, bat tenders for 15 years now. ATV's ,Garden tractor, snow blower and zero turn always need a charge.
10 plus cars and 6 little bats
You should refrain from high amperage battery charging as a rule. I draw the line at 4 amps. Get a charger that has the "jump start" capability for emergencies, but it's still not good for the battery, Batteries are like good BBQ, "low and slow" is the preferred method. Just my .02$.

Reactions: Jeffroeson

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
  • Meet the GENIUS10 - Similar to our G7200, just better. It's 17% smaller and delivers 115% more power. And it's simpler and easier to use than ever before.
  • Do more with Genius - Designed for 6-volt and 12-volt lead-acid automotive, marine, and deep-cycle batteries, including flooded, gel, AGM, and maintenance-free, plus lithium-ion batteries.
  • Enjoy precision charging - An integrated thermal sensor detects the ambient temperature and alters the charge to eliminate over-charging in hot climates and under-charging in cold climates.
  • Charge dead batteries - Charges dead batteries as low as 1-volt. Or use the all-new Force Mode that allows you to take control and manually begin charging dead batteries down to zero volts.
  • Simple to set up and use - Plug-in, connect to the battery, select a charge mode, and start charging your battery. A fully-automatic, worry-free battery charger for year-round use.
  • Restore your battery - Detects sulfation and acid stratification and restores lost performance for stronger engine starts and extended battery life.
  • Compatible with all types of vehicles - Charge and maintain cars, motorcycles, lawnmowers, ATVs, tractors, trucks, SUVs, boats, classic cars, hot rods, and more - you name it.
These smart charger never heat a battery like the old chargers did.

Fixed three 6 - 7 year old battery with this brand

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
  • Meet the GENIUS10 - Similar to our G7200, just better. It's 17% smaller and delivers 115% more power. And it's simpler and easier to use than ever before.
  • Do more with Genius - Designed for 6-volt and 12-volt lead-acid automotive, marine, and deep-cycle batteries, including flooded, gel, AGM, and maintenance-free, plus lithium-ion batteries.
  • Enjoy precision charging - An integrated thermal sensor detects the ambient temperature and alters the charge to eliminate over-charging in hot climates and under-charging in cold climates.
  • Charge dead batteries - Charges dead batteries as low as 1-volt. Or use the all-new Force Mode that allows you to take control and manually begin charging dead batteries down to zero volts.
  • Simple to set up and use - Plug-in, connect to the battery, select a charge mode, and start charging your battery. A fully-automatic, worry-free battery charger for year-round use.
  • Restore your battery - Detects sulfation and acid stratification and restores lost performance for stronger engine starts and extended battery life.
  • Compatible with all types of vehicles - Charge and maintain cars, motorcycles, lawnmowers, ATVs, tractors, trucks, SUVs, boats, classic cars, hot rods, and more - you name it.
These smart charger never heat a battery like the old chargers did.

Fixed three 6 - 7 year old battery with this brand
Cool, didn't know this tech was even available. I really should get out more!

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger GT AWD
144 Posts
What's the point of all these battery chargers? Are these things just for people who barely ever drive their car? Or should I expect a dead battery everytime I get a 3 day weekend?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
My car has pretty consistently sat all week and driven on weekends with no issues, but then I have mild weather here compared to some. I think it's mostly for longer periods, or winter storage these guys are using them

A Guy

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts
My car has pretty consistently sat all week and driven on weekends with no issues, but then I have mild weather here compared to some. I think it's mostly for longer periods, or winter storage these guys are using them

A Guy
They have other uses besides charging batteries. I’ve been with Mrs Nuke, off and on, for the better part of 20 years now. Sometimes things can get stale in the bedroom after so long with the same person.

I’ll leave it at that... 🤩

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Shocking! :oops:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts
Reactions: Rob446

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's the point of all these battery chargers? Are these things just for people who barely ever drive their car? Or should I expect a dead battery everytime I get a 3 day weekend?
simple math, short drives, all bells on in the truck and 20 degrees out, battery can get soft.
I plug chargers on all the rides when get 5 or lower, sure helps them start.

Also lots of things like alarms actived drain the battery down the longer it sits also

My BMW once told me to charge the battery one winter, never said anything since. So the charger must have cleaned the battery. Going 7 years on that battery,

Atv's always need topped off as with my two tractors

1 - 16 of 16 Posts