Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just ordered a 2018 Scat pack shaker manual trans and can’t wait til it arrives. For those of you who ordered your cars direct, how long was your wait time. My salesman said 6-8 weeks. I’m in Detroit. Thanks for all the input in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I congrats on your our order! I ordered mine back on the 14th of May. I checked in with my dealer and he said expect end on June or first week of July for delivery. There have been some on here that have gotten their challengers pretty quick (closer to 5-6 weeks) and others that have taken quite a bit longer. I can’t wait to get mine to enjoy it, I’m sure you feel the same way. Just gotta be patient, which gets harder the closer it gets to the expected delivery time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I congrats on your our order! I ordered mine back on the 14th of May. I checked in with my dealer and he said expect end on June or first week of July for delivery. There have been some on here that have gotten their challengers pretty quick (closer to 5-6 weeks) and others that have taken quite a bit longer. I can’t wait to get mine to enjoy it, I’m sure you feel the same way. Just gotta be patient, which gets harder the closer it gets to the expected delivery time.
Nice! What did you order?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Congrats from So Cal in So Cal. :grin2:

Where u gonna take your first LONG ride to?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Congrats on your order! I'm confused as I thought 2018 order date has passed, and the 2019 model can be ordered within next few weeks. I'm looking to buy my first Challenger after a 10-year long wait.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Order banks supposed to have closed on May 17 but a few orders still went thru after, now probably no way.

I'm curious too when the OP ordered.

2019 banks open Friday!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice! What did you order?
I ordered a Scatpack Shaker in Plum Crazy Purple, 392, M6.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Hi all. I just ordered a 2018 Scat pack shaker manual trans and can’t wait til it arrives. For those of you who ordered your cars direct, how long was your wait time. My salesman said 6-8 weeks. I’m in Detroit. Thanks for all the input in advance.
4 weeks to the day, got picture of it when it arrived at SHAP and as it arrived at dealer ship

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts
Yours will probably be delivered within 5 weeks - you're physically close to the assembly plant and the bulk of vehicles from Brampton pass through Windsor, ON to Sterling Heights, MI.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Order banks supposed to have closed on May 17 but a few orders still went thru after, now probably no way.

I'm curious too when the OP ordered.

2019 banks open Friday!

I placed my order with my salesperson on May 29th. After reading your guys posts I’ll be expecting a phone call next week saying that orders will be for a 2019 and the incentives won’t apply. That could be a problem.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
I placed my order with my salesperson on May 29th. After reading your guys posts I’ll be expecting a phone call next week saying that orders will be for a 2019 and the incentives won’t apply. That could be a problem.
Did you get a POC from your salesman proving that he actually ordered it and that the order went thru?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Not sure yet. Probably northern Michigan. Beautiful country and wide open roads.
Stop by Higgins Lake while you're up there.
National Geographic named it the "6th Most Beautiful Lake in the World"

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Dealer MAY have had an order already on the books with Dodge for a car that matched your specs. The 2018 model year order window closed 5/17.... the 2019's will be orderable on 6/8. Not sure that they could have snuck another "sold" order thru.. but you never know!

Last year i tried to order a 2017, missed the order window by two days.. wound up with an 2018, so that didn't suck...but did have to wait a while..

BTW it APPEARS that the production of the 2019's wont BEGIN till 8/20

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Dealer MAY have had an order already on the books with Dodge for a car that matched your specs. The 2018 model year order window closed 5/17.... the 2019's will be orderable on 6/8. Not sure that they could have snuck another "sold" order thru.. but you never know!

Last year i tried to order a 2017, missed the order window by two days.. wound up with an 2018, so that didn't suck...but did have to wait a while..

BTW it APPEARS that the production of the 2019's wont BEGIN till 8/20
If so that will be a problem. They definitely did not have a similar order on the books. I searched a 500 mile radius and found nothing.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
If so that will be a problem. They definitely did not have a similar order on the books. I searched a 500 mile radius and found nothing.
Well did the dealer give you any paperwork at all? At this point you should have a VIN, if not probably not going to get a 2018.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts