Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
my kid told me it was the 'in' thing to leave these on. i requested to have them left on and the salesman said they're protectors during shipping. my kid also told me these do sell on ebay. i have seen a few challengers locally with these still on. it would probably have a cleaner look w/o them, but for now. what the heck. it may be a 'duh' comment, but the shape of these compared to this thread's hellcat are different (and no, i've never seen one go the bottom length of the air dam).
View attachment 1058599
Mine was full length but I had my detail shop remove it before dirt got in there and scratched up the chin spoiler.

Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,035 Posts
my kid told me it was the 'in' thing to leave these on. i requested to have them left on and the salesman said they're protectors during shipping. my kid also told me these do sell on ebay. i have seen a few challengers locally with these still on. it would probably have a cleaner look w/o them, but for now. what the heck. it may be a 'duh' comment, but the shape of these compared to this thread's hellcat are different (and no, i've never seen one go the bottom length of the air dam).
What's your history of your kids judgement vs your own? :p Begs a question, how high is your kids waistline when wearing pants? :D

A Guy

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Now we're getting personal! :oops: Valid point though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 1058599
Is your kid gonna pay for the respray of the bumper where the grit sands the paint off behind them 😂

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Interior is in. Looks a little loose. But the pic is like 10 mins after install tightens up after a few days. They did the center arm rest which I didn't know but I'm digging it. Was thinking of doing the whole center console red but I think it'll be too much. Unfortunately I couldn't get the SRT hellcat logo on the seats since I didn't do it through the dealership who wanted $2700 + tax vs $1750 cash. Would be over a 1.2k difference for just the logo. So I passed
Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible Red Rock Metallic
257 Posts
He said he ‘has a base hellcat’ lololol you‘ve got one mean machine! 🏎💨💨💨 I love the ride, congrats! And cheers to some big tires and that nice interior!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Redeye WB
360 Posts
Very pretty.

On the subject of bananas, when did the hellcat go to that style of splitter? Mine doesn't have the little bulges either end and had a single mega banana instead of the two little ones.

I'm not sure if this style has slightly better approach angles on the front, but if it does, I might have to look into how easy they are to fit on a 2020 model.
Widebody has always had a different more straight front splitter, hence the different banana. Standard body has had the same one with the two corner bumps since it’s inception.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
[

Widebody has always had a different more straight front splitter, hence the different banana. Standard body has had the same one with the two corner bumps since it’s inception.
Thanks, always wondered why they had 2 types!

Interior is in. Looks a little loose. But the pic is like 10 mins after install tightens up after a few days. They did the center arm rest which I didn't know but I'm digging it. Was thinking of doing the whole center console red but I think it'll be too much. Unfortunately I couldn't get the SRT hellcat logo on the seats since I didn't do it through the dealership who wanted $2700 + tax vs $1750 cash. Would be over a 1.2k difference for just the logo. So I passed
View attachment 1059093
Looks great. Love red interiors! (y)

Reactions: Slowpoke392

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
He said he ‘has a base hellcat’ lololol you‘ve got one mean machine! 🏎💨💨💨 I love the ride, congrats! And cheers to some big tires and that nice interior!
Literally base base. Not one option other then the Auto and whatever it comes with and the smoke show paint. Always do it this way. Don't care for electronics. If it didn't come with alpine and the 8.4 I would've got that too. But don't need anything else. Give me nice leather and I'm good! Wish I had the leather dash and panels but not worth the $6k in added options

But thank you I love this car.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts