Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did it. Pulled the trigger on my speedlogix zoomers. I'm somewhat anxious to get them, I'm a huge fan of Rumble exhaust and old school sound. My wife was the ony who suggested I do the exhaust first before the Cervini Shaker Hood. She said that bad ass look needs a bad ass sound.

I was eyeing the Borla Atak for weeks, then Mikey at speedlogix told me about the zoomers and woah. Loving the vids.
I just hope it's not tooo tooo too loud ;) after this exhaust, just need the hood and I have my dream car!

So happy and feeling accomplished!

Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You'll be happy, trust me. :smokin:

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Is there drone with this exhaust ?
None what so ever on my 6 speed. I've had my Zoomers on for almost 3 years now.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm sure we'd all enjoy some vids after it's installed!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Reactions: JWW and sfmadmax

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran zoomers on my RT and it took about three months of following sound clips to make my decision. It definatley had the sound I was searching for, BUT the ridiculous amount of flutter that came from this system broke my heart. I was embarrassed to let my car idle around other people. Then again some people don't mind all the flutter. I personally couldn't stand it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ran zoomers on my RT and it took about three months of following sound clips to make my decision. It definatley had the sound I was searching for, BUT the ridiculous amount of flutter that came from this system broke my heart. I was embarrassed to let my car idle around other people. Then again some people don't mind all the flutter. I personally couldn't stand it.
What type of tips did you use? The quads flutter a ton. I kept my original for that reason alone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What type of tips did you use? The quads flutter a ton. I kept my original for that reason alone.
I ran the stock tips, I found that the air caught the lip around the edge and that's possibly what created the turbulence and the flutter. I didn't want to spend upwards of $300 and take a chance with different tips as I have read that guys had the same problem irregardless of which tips the used.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I reused the stock tips and I get no flutter.

Still no flutter after installing long tubes.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I reused the stock tips and I get no flutter.

Still no flutter after installing long tubes.
Good to hear, the exhaust is still sitting in my garage. I think Saturday is going to be the day. I had some shipping issues when i originally ordered them, finally got them on friday, so I haven't had time this week for install. I'll be sure to take a video and of course pics.

I live in a tiny town, the car gets me enough attention as it is. I can only imagine what this is going to do. LOL

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
658 Posts
Good choice on the Zoomers.

- My ears don't detect any drone on my 5A R/T.
- It's grumbly but not too loud - even at wide open throttle. You'll recognize it's presence, but not piss off the neighbors.
- Mine flutters with the quad tips, but it doesn't bother me.
- One tube end was out-of-round, but it was a quick fix with Channellocks and a grinder.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Stock tips won't create much flutter at all. I only notice it if the car is fully warmed up and I am standing behind the car. The quad tips will create A LOT more flutter, at least that seems to be the opinion on the board.

I reduced most all of my flutter w/ the stock tips but using muffler cement and smoothing out the rough edges were the tailpipe meets the tips (inside the tip/pipe. Once it dried up I used high temp black paint and it looks better, and now I hardly have any flutter at all! :thumbsup:

Reactions: georgethedog

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Stock tips won't create much flutter at all. I only notice it if the car is fully warmed up and I am standing behind the car. The quad tips will create A LOT more flutter, at least that seems to be the opinion on the board.

I reduced most all of my flutter w/ the stock tips but using muffler cement and smoothing out the rough edges were the tailpipe meets the tips (inside the tip/pipe. Once it dried up I used high temp black paint and it looks better, and now I hardly have any flutter at all! :thumbsup:
I'm going to install these at my friends body shop, so i may have him do something similar. We'll see. Thanks for the tip though.

I see all these posts about people complaining , yet it's possibly caused by the air getting caught up on the tips. I don't understand why others have not done the same, either cement or weld something on the tips that smooths out the edges and does not allow air to get caught up in the pocket.

Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, Tomorrow is the day,

I'm a little anxious for 5 o'clock eastern to come around. I'm meeting a friend at his shop and I get full access to his pit. So hopefully install should go problem free.

It's been roughly over a month since I first ordered the zoomers. After a messy delivery (Ordered August 15th) I received them 2 weeks ago on Friday. I simply have been busy with the family priorities. I'll report back here tomorrow night and give an update, hopefully pics and maybe a vid.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So I'm Home, Got the zoomers on today.

From the first ignition I was completely enveloped in a grumbly sound of a v8, it was absolutely terrific, I'm really happy after all this wait.

Install took about 40 minutes, It's really quick and easy when you have all the tools you need to get this done, not to mention a lift, pry bar, impact gun , and a 30 rack of beer. :)

After we double/tripled checked the clamps it was time, overwhelmed by my anxiousness I went up and started the car. Immediately enveloped in a roar / grumbling v8, absolutely terrific and the way this car should be.

For those that are wondering, no flutter ( that I can tell ). Those who have complained about flutter in the past said that it was most likely cause by the air getting trapped in a pocket on the stock tips. Well first of all, I didn't see any pocket areas on the inside my stock tips. The only curved area for air to be trapped was on the outside. So that one still remains a mystery. I reused my stock tip clamps, We used the whiz wheel and cut them off the factory exhaust a little past the spot welds then grinded them down so they fit nicely on the Zoomers.

Drone:

Every aftermarket exhaust is going to have its fair share of drone. I must say, driving with the windows up and radio going there is pretty much no considerable drone noise in the cabin. It's obviously deeper, you can tell there is an exhaust on the car but it doesn't overpower you. You can have 1v1 conversations with the person next to you, over the radio and not have an issue.

Roll the windows down and you hear that v8 sing, depending on how you drive the car will result in the various audible levels of grumbling sweetness. If you feather the gas, shift gears rather early and drive easy, it's really easy to keep the car rather quite. But then downshift and punching it, will result in a low growling snarl. I love it!

So end result I want to say that I'm extremely happy with the product, Despite the shipping hassles that happened to me. The box was severely damaged upon arrival, looked like it was crushed (By UPS?) . There was no visible dmg to the pipes other than a small tiny dent on the muffler but the Dent was nothing to cry about. When I called UPS they said I had to go through speedlogix for any refund on shipping. Still waiting to hear from Mikey on that. But still, fact of the matter. If you spend $1,000 on an exhaust. You should at least get a finished , undamaged , clean product to work with within a weeks time. Took me 2.5 weeks.

I'll try to get vids in sometime this week or next

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk3X-ac2rzg

My Cold start Video, now that i watch the video, i hear a tiny tiny faint of flutter. But TBH you do NOT hear it when driving nor do you hear it while standing behind the car, it IS NOT caused by the tips. the same minute flutter still occurred without the tips installed when we did our very first test start during exhaust installation.

I made another video of my friend driving the car for me. Passing by his house, it sounds good and the video is private because it has my license plate in it. But i'll gladly send it to anyone who requests it. Just PM me. I have it unlisted on youtube.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I think your car has some toilet paper sticking out of it's pants after it went to the bathroom.

Yep, sounds like Zoomers to me. My start up is similar. You need better videos with driving and MORE revs. Watching a car idle for almost 2mins isn't the most exciting thing.

Hope you enjoy your exhaust, it sounds better as you break it in after say 1500 miles.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts