Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
29 Posts
I am sure you have already gathered this but it's not stock. So it could be a whole lot of things.

You buy the car from a dealer or individual?

If individual they may know if you can contact them I would start there.

BTW sweet ride!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purchased from dealer they didn't know. Maybe a kill switch of some sort. But not sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, yeah I had it running when switch was flipped nothing stood out to me although it wasn't in drive.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
29 Posts
I am not near actually no where near as knowledgeable as many of the many members on here are but my suggestion as I am sure you already know is try to trace the wire and see if it leads to any answers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,853 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Car looks great (y)

It is a switch? The red LED goes on and off when you switch it? Any letters/numbers on it? You'll likely need to follow the cable back to see where it goes. Honestly could be anything. Make sure the light is off when you leave the car if it turns off/on...don't want to kill your battery. No sign of aftermarket alarm? Plunge switches under hood, etc.?

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So when car is off and I switch the toggle light starts flashing. It doesn't flash when toggle is switched when engine is on. No numbers or anything visible under engine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,853 Posts
It could be anything. The fact the switch toggles off/on, and flashes would seem to indicate it's still hooked up to some device. You'll need to follow the cable back. Might find a module with some identifying marks

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
644 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SubLime Pearl, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
48 Posts
Switch be gone......follow the wiring and find the source, can't be needed for a new owner . Looks suspect as far as what it could be for?

Congratulations on your 392......Black Beauty it is.

·
Premium Member
10,030 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congratulation on your SRT.

That switch is interesting we are curious to see what it ends up being. Weird they would leave it on their, maybe its for a light outside the car ? Maybe try flipping it on and walk around the car at night.

- Alexis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't even think of that will check tonight. Wire runs up into the Uconnect area from what I can see without removing any trim or paneling. I also need to check and see if it kills the subwoofer, fuel pump, or practically anything at this point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts