Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my DiabloSport Trinity and connected it to my car and all i get is a rainbow screen???
Has anyone else had this problem or did i just get a defective unit shipped to me??
:redcap:

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
553 Posts
I just received my DiabloSport Trinity and connected it to my car and all i get is a rainbow screen???
Has anyone else had this problem or did i just get a defective unit shipped to me??
:redcap:
Save the box they might want it,get with the vendor and returnit for a replacement.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Save the box they might want it,get with the vendor and returnit for a replacement.
Well i dont need to return it anymore.
Figured out the problem, just wish i didnt have to research so much and go through all the trouble, would have been nice if the tuner came with the full instructions needed.
First off i need the right drivers for the device on Windows 8, it didnt come with them.
I found these by doing a ton of searching on the internet.
Next the device needed to be updated.
Once i got that done it was pretty much plug and play.
Super easy to install the tune to your vehicle, just took a while to install the tune itself.

Time to go test my car!

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
I agree there instructions suck. You would think for something that has been around for a while that it would come with a little better instructions

sent from mobile device

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Been useing DS since I got the car. Its made my car run the way it does.
Without Diablo we would not be here more than likey. So yes they did great by makeing the software, breaking codes ect.
But, its not like it was done free. They got Paid for it and still are. Yes I know, DS got jillions in costs doing all this.
I understand how and why DS set up CMR and the tuners to sell like they did. Its the business model. Plain and simple. And it worked well.
Most dont or wont need anything but a handheld tuner, Most...
My only beef is not being able to have single user cmr thats AFFORDABLE.
I want tuning on my own bucket of bolts, and its my problem if I smoke the motor.
That said,
I have the SCT pro racers series on its way !!!!!
Being that im friends with the man who owns the rollers I can get on them and stay on them as long as I want. Being he has a shop and has the CMR will be helpfull.
Funny, I dont let him tune my car..lol
Should be really cool to learn tuning this way with the SD system the dodge uses.
SCT has a tuning school that I will be attending to bring me up to speed.
I can then tell my experience, right here.
One deal I did hear today. Holley isnt far off either for having a new system to work with. Guess there real close, but on what I dont know yet.
FlatTop

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Appreciate that, the tune definitely made a huge difference!
Redline, Now that you can see the nice difference with the tune, contact Johan and have him wright you a custom tune and you will really notice a big improvement. :)

Reactions: Yahooligan
1 - 9 of 9 Posts