Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tracing southbound on I-75 and I saw something horrible. There in the middle lane was a HO challenger with RT badges. This just wasn't a normal challenger this one had a hitch on it with what seemed to be a 8-10 ft trailer with a motorcycle on it. Instead of buying a RT I think the smart thing would have been to buy a v6 and a cheap truck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
LMAO.... I guess to some people looks are the only thing that matter...and had a hitch...SMH... I could never do it. I have seen a Vette or two do it. All I could think was " Why not get a used truck to pull that "...The nerve of some people....:werd::guiness:

·
Registered
748 Posts
What is up with owners telling other owners how to live their lives?

I wish there were more a lot more muscle cars on the road with hitches, and a lot less of the ugly modern car appliances around.

Like everybody has money or room for multiple cars. Count yourself lucky if you can baby your Challenger as a leisure time toy. For some people, one car is all they can afford or have room to park. I would rather see that Challenger on the road than yet another Ford F150.

We get so spoiled by our own circumstances, we have to criticize everybody else's choice that isn't any of our business. Frankly it is baffling. It used to be a free country.

·
Registered
624 Posts
some people should just not own certain cars...I cringe when I see other challengers on the road with badges all over them from auto zone or wal-mart. I would never think of putting a hitch on my car much less trying to tow anything with it lol :disgust:

·
Premium Member
9,596 Posts
He will go to the dealer complaining about his trans acting up or post here asking us what to do.
I believe it's 100 pounds tongue weight and 1000 pounds of pulling load, someone correct me if I am wrong.
I would not tow with these cars but it's his car.......

·
Registered
321 Posts
I like what you said Jimbo.... The thing is... A Challenger is a car... Not a Truck... Now I could see if the dude had a el camino.... I could see that in a diff light. Fact is and always will be, if it's your car you can do what you want to do with it. Keeping that in mind everyone is not going to like what you do to your ride. :zlurking: I also like bikes too. I would never hitch it to a car. Rent or buy a vehicle to tow a travel trailer. That would be the Safe thing to do.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
They are hard to find, but there are hitches you could buy thru Mopar for your Challenger!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I was tracing southbound on I-75 and I saw something horrible. There in the middle lane was a HO challenger with RT badges. This just wasn't a normal challenger this one had a hitch on it with what seemed to be a 8-10 ft trailer with a motorcycle on it. Instead of buying a RT I think the smart thing would have been to buy a v6 and a cheap truck.
Gee I wonder what they did in the 70's, I remember Hemi's, 440's and 383 cars pulling car trailers loaded with cars on them to the track, I don't understand what is wrong with a trailer hitch and a Harley behind an R/T. What I really don't understand is how it could become a topic on this forum. I go to Florida every winter for a month, I've always wanted my Harley and My SRT there at the same time so I think I'll get a hitch put on it. Hell the car can withstand a 5G holeshot I don't think my Harley will hurt it, if nothing else it will keep me from doing burnouts while it's behind me.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I like what you said Jimbo.... The thing is... A Challenger is a car... Not a Truck... Now I could see if the dude had a el camino.... I could see that in a diff light. Fact is and always will be, if it's your car you can do what you want to do with it. Keeping that in mind everyone is not going to like what you do to your ride. :zlurking: I also like bikes too. I would never hitch it to a car. Rent or buy a vehicle to tow a travel trailer. That would be the Safe thing to do.
Maybe Dodge should come out with a El Challenger for the trailer crowd.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The only issue I would have with it is when they go to sell these cars, they take the hitch off and don't tell a perspective buyer that they used the car to tow their golf cart around the country. I would never…ever buy a car that had a trailer hitch on it. Too much stress on a vehicle that wasn't really made for towing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nuttin wrong with a Challenger pulling a trailer, especially if its pulling a bad a$$ bike!! Who cares, these cars have plenty of pulling power. I'm lucky, I have a truck and my R/T so I don't have to tow anything with it but if I didn't I would pull my bike with it in a heartbeat!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I was born in the 1950s. In the 1960s about which we reminisce, any car with a V8 was fair game to tow a boat or trailer. You just run what you brung. And nobody worried about tow ratings, if they even had them then. I am not aware of it.

In this day and age of 4-banger Camcords, and FWD, it is no wonder nobody is used to seeing cars tow anything.

I don't care for a car with a hitch myself, but if I had a boat, I would much sooner get it to the lake in a gorgeous new Challenger than some rusted out 15 year old truck bought just for that single duty.

·
Registered
812 Posts
There's nothing wrong with a trailer on the back of a car, as long as it's within weight specifications. I used to trailer my motorcycle on the back of my Audi for years. After a track day it was better to ride home in a car than on the bike because of exhaustion.

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
The only issue I would have with it is when they go to sell these cars, they take the hitch off and don't tell a perspective buyer that they used the car to tow their golf cart around the country. I would never…ever buy a car that had a trailer hitch on it. Too much stress on a vehicle that wasn't really made for towing.
TRUE, but 5g hole shots, power brake hole shots and 1/4 mile runs are so much easier on the drivetrain

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Did you not read the above post regarding towing capacities? It can safely tow 1000 pounds, so in other words, it was built to tow!!

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
i don't care what you do with your car but 1000 lb towing capacity isn't much at all. how much you think a trailer weighs

1 - 20 of 47 Posts