Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years of ownership I just got around to setting up a U-Connect connection. To tell you the truth I didn't even know it could be done. I just purchased a 300C and after reading that manual I thought I saw the same buttons on the Challenger radio that are needed to set it up. Tryed it and now I have another nice feature in the car that I didn't even realize was there.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Way to go!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Very nice feature, and you can even be on the phone, get in the car, and once you start it, it will kick over to the UConnect automatically!

Get your phone book loaded so you can push the button say "Call John Doe" and it will do it all.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Can't get my husband's Palm Treo to work in our 2010 SRT. It worked in the 09. When you place a call or try to answer a call, the U-Connect hangs up on us. My cheap Noika works just fine.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm for anything that makes cell phone use in a moving vehicle safer.

Now, they need the voice recognition technology that works 2 ways. It interprets text messaging coming in, and speaks it out; and it takes your spoken word and converts to text and sends it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm for anything that makes cell phone use in a moving vehicle safer.

Now, they need the voice recognition technology that works 2 ways. It interprets text messaging coming in, and speaks it out; and it takes your spoken word and converts to text and sends it.
I believe the 730n is capable of this.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yes, it is a nice feature. What gets me is my 300C has a touchscreen RBZ radio with the U-Connect buttons on it and you have to add a kit to get it to work.
You get what you pay for. I had to fork over the extra $200+ to get mine to work. I sure do love it, though. Hated driving and holding the phone to my ear. It was distracting.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just set my uconnect up yesterday. I hate holding the phone up to my ear and driving. Actually, I hate talking on the phone and driving, even with the uconnect!

·
Banned
557 Posts
First off, congrats on the U-connect. I love the feature. One of the few luxuries I think should be STANDARD on every car, simply due to safety reasons. Especially for those of us with 6-speed's. :browsmiley:

Which radio do you have? I have a base package (27F) RT that I have to add the module and do some programming to get the functionality. I've heard there is one radio that has the module built-in, you just have to get it programmed to turn it on. Maybe an RBZ? I don't remember.

It may be awhile before a car is able to do it, which would be very cool. However, there are currently programs that do just that. I used a text reader on my Blackberry (company phone) which was "okay" at best. Needed lots of improvements.

On my Android (personal phone), I have a microphone button on all my text message screens and search screens and if I hit it can simply speak what I want to type and it converts. Very cool. :thumbsup: Got the HTC btw.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The RBZ is the 430 without Nav. You need the module. That is what I got. Mine played right out of the box, even though there was a full page of instructions to the dealer for activating it with Starscan. The RER is the 730N with the Nav unit that has the module built into the radio. If your car has the self dimming mirror with mic, you probably have the radio with the module built in. If you press the handset button and it says "not available", you need to buy the module for $257 or less if you find the right dealer on ebay.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
My Challenger has the 27J package and came with the RES radio which set up to U-Connect without any added U-Connect Packages. My 2010 300C has the RBZ radio and needs the U-Connect package. Wyckoff Chrysler a vendor on this website has the package on sale right now while supplies last. With the CHALFORUM discount I'm getting it for just under $200 shipped.

First off, congrats on the U-connect. I love the feature. One of the few luxuries I think should be STANDARD on every car, simply due to safety reasons. Especially for those of us with 6-speed's. :browsmiley:

Which radio do you have? I have a base package (27F) RT that I have to add the module and do some programming to get the functionality. I've heard there is one radio that has the module built-in, you just have to get it programmed to turn it on. Maybe an RBZ? I don't remember.

It may be awhile before a car is able to do it, which would be very cool. However, there are currently programs that do just that. I used a text reader on my Blackberry (company phone) which was "okay" at best. Needed lots of improvements.

On my Android (personal phone), I have a microphone button on all my text message screens and search screens and if I hit it can simply speak what I want to type and it converts. Very cool. :thumbsup: Got the HTC btw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts