Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..started up CHEKM8 with no issues today...then I notice the dash is covered in white spots of various sizes.....kinda like spot blotches.
I tried to use use leather conditioner..they disappear for a moment then return.

Finally I parked her outside and they turned kinda wet and when I wiped them again with the conditioner..presto..gone..

What is this..frost??

CHEKM8 was parked in an unheated garage for 6 months..no moisture..plastic on the ground...what is this..any ideas you guys...will it return??

Kojak:scratchhead:

·
Registered
402 Posts
There was a thread not long ago about these, (search - in it's infinite wisdom, turns up nothing...) though I forget verbatim - the gist was it's no big deal - shouldn't turn up again after a decent wipe down. Some coating left on to ease removal from the mold during manufacturing maybe?... yeah... that sounds right. :scratchhead:

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
The spots are caused by a factory protectant that has not been cleaned/removed from dash either prior to leaving the factory, or during dealer prep. It can be washed off with warm soapy water and clean absorbant towels. But I would let the dealer clean it. It will only show up on very cold days as the protectant is reacting to the low temperatures. If the car interior is warmed up, or the vehicle is set in the direct sun to warm, the protectant will revert back to a semi clear state and no longer be an issue. But if it gets cold again, it will go back to a misty white look.

Your dealer will probaly use MOPAR Total Clean, Part #04897840ab, to clean the dash and then Part #05175051aa to seal it. Mopar Satin Select Interior Treatment, Part #05174395aa is also a good cure.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wierd

Thanks guys..your the best!
Kojak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts