Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
You realize VW makes the Bugatti Veyron, right?

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not saying its necessarily a bad thing, but you dont know if the Challenger would fin into Vw's plans, like it seems to be fitting into Fiats. Daimler was a train wreck for Chrysler. Some continuity would be good for dodge.

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
Maybe if they keep playing musical owners, Chrysler will come back to being an American brand.

Reactions: wasp392

·
Super Moderator
17,350 Posts
VW is a large manufacturer - they have ambitions to grow larger yet, and outpace Toyota.

As others have mentioned VW owns several other brands as well, and they are on a trajectory to grow their market share world-wide.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,436 Posts
VW is a large manufacturer - they have ambitions to grow larger yet, and outpace Toyota.

As others have mentioned VW owns several other brands as well, and they are on a trajectory to grow their market share world-wide.

A Challenger market share does not make....not "world-wide" market share. Not happy at this news; just as American Muscle enters a growth phase, a new "owner" most likely will look to cut costs that don't promote their "world market share" goals.

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Registered
398 Posts
They also own Bentley, Porsche, and Lamborghini, so not everything is a turbodiesel.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Im not saying its necessarily a bad thing, but you dont know if the Challenger would fin into Vw's plans, like it seems to be fitting into Fiats. Daimler was a train wreck for Chrysler. Some continuity would be good for dodge.
I'm in the same boat as Roost. It may not be a bad thing at all but I really liked what Fiat's been doing with the Dodge brand recently and some of the changes they've made with Chrysler (i.e. 200). Now it's good to see some recent consistency and a defined focus coming about. Another switch could put everything into flux.

That being said, change isn't always bad. I'm sure there were some concerns with Fiat's ownership and so far I personally have been pretty impressed.

It will be funny that there would potentially be 3 different manufacturer's platforms in the Chrysler lineup: Mercedes (300, Charger, Challenger, etc), Fiat (Dart, 200) and whatever VW would come up with. And now that I think of it... would there be a 4th manufacturers platforms out there? Pre-Mercedes (Picku-ups?, Minivans?)?

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in the same boat as Roost. It may not be a bad thing at all but I really liked what Fiat's been doing with the Dodge brand recently and some of the changes they've made with Chrysler (i.e. 200). Now it's good to see some recent consistency and a defined focus coming about. Another switch could put everything into flux.

That being said, change isn't always bad. I'm sure there were some concerns with Fiat's ownership and so far I personally have been pretty impressed.

It will be funny that there would potentially be 3 different manufacturer's platforms in the Chrysler lineup: Mercedes (300, Charger, Challenger, etc), Fiat (Dart, 200) and whatever VW would come up with. And now that I think of it... would there be a 4th manufacturers platforms out there? Pre-Mercedes (Picku-ups?, Minivans?)?

Exactly, Kind of like the saying "The devil you know"...

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,350 Posts
there are subsequent reports from VW and from FCA - neither are in negotiations or meetings about such acquisition.

It seems a single source Manager Magazin (German publication) was the sole source of this "rumor" and both companies say 'this didn't happen'.

Speculation that was picked up on the news streams, but hasn't borne out to be factual.

·
Registered
505 Posts
there are subsequent reports from VW and from FCA - neither are in negotiations or meetings about such acquisition.

It seems a single source Manager Magazin (German publication) was the sole source of this "rumor" and both companies say 'this didn't happen'.

Speculation that was picked up on the news streams, but hasn't borne out to be factual.
Thank you for the research and information.

·
Premium Member
11,799 Posts
Will just say...I see the argument being used "VW owns Porsche, Audi" etc...like its a good thing.

Fiat owns Ferrari....but a lot of people hate that Fiat owns Chrysler LOL

Seems a bit odd LOL

·
Registered
111 Posts
They own porsche too.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I had several friends post this on Facebook today...it's a single source article, so don't put much stock in it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The rumor was for Fiat to go to VW. Chrysler, Maserati, Ferrari would stay under the umbrella. Here's a look at the possibilities even though FCA has flatly denied it: News: VW-Fiat merger update

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.