Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a k&n blackhawk cai?? I put one on my 2020 challenger scatpack and theres a pretty loud whistle coming from the filter itself on acceleration at lower rpms... if that's a normal feature I'm thinking of just getting another system that doesnt make that sound... thanks in advance guys!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Anyone have a k&n blackhawk cai?? I put one on my 2020 challenger scatpack and theres a pretty loud whistle coming from the filter itself on acceleration at lower rpms... if that's a normal feature I'm thinking of just getting another system that doesnt make that sound... thanks in advance guys!!
You know, I was wondering the same think untill Luke from Steve White commented saying that they do tend to make some whistle when you put aftermarket intakes.

Now, when I still have the 5.7 intake manifold in my RT I never got any whistle. Aftermarket intake or stock. The 392 manifold I guess just inherently whistles.

Some say sharp angles in the intake tube cause harmonic feedback. For me, even running the stock box with a drop in filter gave me some whistle . And it was 2x louder when I threw an intake on there

I would double check all the clamps are tight (not too tight) with a wiggle test. Maybe give em all a half turn or two and report back

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
Normal.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
66 Posts
Yes, there is a significant whistle sound that comes from the intake. I didn't realize how loud it was until one day I passed some folks on the sidewalk and they all turned to see what train was coming down the tracks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know, I was wondering the same think untill Luke from Steve White commented saying that they do tend to make some whistle when you put aftermarket intakes.

Now, when I still have the 5.7 intake manifold in my RT I never got any whistle. Aftermarket intake or stock. The 392 manifold I guess just inherently whistles.

Some say sharp angles in the intake tube cause harmonic feedback. For me, even running the stock box with a drop in filter gave me some whistle . And it was 2x louder when I threw an intake on there

I would double check all the clamps are tight (not too tight) with a wiggle test. Maybe give em all a half turn or two and report back
I checked and everything was tight(not too tight) I'm okay with the sound as long as it's not from being installed wrong

·
Registered
60 Posts
I checked and everything was tight(not too tight) I'm okay with the sound as long as it's not from being installed wrong
Not really from air entering the system from where it aughtn't, but from the bend causing vibration at a frequency that can build, reinforcing the same wavelength (sympathetic harmony). Might try a rubber dampener? I dunno.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts