Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of folks have been waiting on confirmation of fitment of intakes for the 2011.

K&N has confirmed fitment of the following Cold Air Intakes for the 2011 Challenger R/T.

Product Style: 63 Series Aircharger Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 31.42 HP @ 5217 RPM
Replacement Filter: RF-1042
Clamp Style: Regular
Street Legal In All US States: No
TUV Approved (Europe): No
Weight: 10.4 lb (4.7 kg)
Product Box Length: 18.25 in (464 mm)
Product Box Width: 18.25 in (464 mm)
Product Box Height: 12.5 in (318 mm)

We have these available for $269.88 Click Below to Order or call us at 888-SPD-LOGX
K&N Cold Air Intake 05-11 Charger, 300, Challenger, Magnum 5.7, 6.1L

Also available is the K&N Polished Typhoon Intake

Product Style: 69 Series Typhoon Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 18.23 HP @ 5217 RPM
Color: Polished
Replacement Filter: RF-1042
Street Legal In All US States: See Application Link Below
System Type: Cold-Air Intake System
Clamp Style: Regular
TUV Approved (Europe): No
Weight: 11.5 lb (5.2 kg)
Product Box Length: 18.25 in (464 mm)
Product Box Width: 18.25 in (464 mm)
Product Box Height: 12.5 in (318 mm)

We have these available for $278.88 click below to order or call us at 888-SPD-LOGX
K&N Typhoon Air Intake System 05-10 300, Charger, Challenger, Magnum 5.7, 6.1L

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a reminder for our 2011 R/T Friends!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know lots of 2011 owners are seeking a CAI solution, so here is one of the first confirmed to fit on the 11 R/T!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed one last week on my 2011, LOVE IT, really improved the performance, and sound. It really works well with my exhaust upgrade of the flowmasters. Well worth the money, and easy to install.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are these legal in CA? CA is lame......so I am guessing that both these aren't legal and I will have to wait (for what seems like) years :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just throw it on there anyway and keep the stock setup just in case. Our laws in California were built on fabricated facts. I don't listen to them anyway

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
skillros ..... i like the way u think....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is there a difference in performance between the two (I got an auto 11 R/T). I see that the one with more estimated HP gain cost less. They look exactly the same to me, what is the difference?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a difference in performance between the two (I got an auto 11 R/T). I see that the one with more estimated HP gain cost less. They look exactly the same to me, what is the difference?
The Typhoon is Polished Aluminum, and the Standard K&N is Plastic

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Typhoon is Polished Aluminum, and the Standard K&N is Plastic

I would guess that the plastic would be better, it probably wouldn't get as hot as the aluminum tube.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would guess that the plastic would be better, it probably wouldn't get as hot as the aluminum tube.
K&N tends to agree with that assessment. They claim a bigger HP gain with the plastic "FIPK" version than with the metal "Typhoon".

Also, you asked earlier about "CARB" approval in California. There is no CARB approval for the 2009 and later cars from K&N. It's a total racket (as you may already know). It just means that K&N didn't pay CARB for "testing and approval". It's so easy to install and later to swap back. I have this intake on my 6.1L and I plan to swap it back to stock if they give me a problem smogging the car when the time comes.

Go for it. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
K&N tends to agree with that assessment. They claim a bigger HP gain with the plastic "FIPK" version than with the metal "Typhoon".

Also, you asked earlier about "CARB" approval in California. There is no CARB approval for the 2009 and later cars from K&N. It's a total racket (as you may already know). It just means that K&N didn't pay CARB for "testing and approval". It's so easy to install and later to swap back. I have this intake on my 6.1L and I plan to swap it back to stock if they give me a problem smogging the car when the time comes.

Go for it. :D
Thank you DragCad Racing, good info. One more question, I have heard talk about the stock setup for the 11's being as good or better than the aftermarket CAI's is there any truth to that? :scratchhead: Even if it is a 5 HP gain i'd still probably be interested in getting one just because the stock setup looks cheaper than aftermarket (and any HP gain is welcome as well).

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you will see a notice gain on the r/t over the stock system, we picked up quite a bit when testing cai on our 09 r/t

·
Registered
155 Posts
Couple of questions: Do these line up bolt right on? I was told the mounting point is different on the '11 models & that a mounting point to the car was slightly different & required modification. Also, any word on if the BBK will work with '11 R/T models?

Thanks for any help. I'd like to order one ASAP but want to be sure.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Couple of questions: Do these line up bolt right on? I was told the mounting point is different on the '11 models & that a mounting point to the car was slightly different & required modification. Also, any word on if the BBK will work with '11 R/T models?

Thanks for any help. I'd like to order one ASAP but want to be sure.

These were test fit on the 2011 by K&N, so yes they do fit. As far as the BBK we have not test fit one nor has BBK to my knowelge to see how the fit is.

·
Registered
155 Posts
These were test fit on the 2011 by K&N, so yes they do fit. As far as the BBK we have not test fit one nor has BBK to my knowelge to see how the fit is.
OK thanks for the help. I guess BBK has a couple days until i get my travel pay. Then i give in & go with K&N!

·
Registered
251 Posts
OK thanks for the help. I guess BBK has a couple days until i get my travel pay. Then i give in & go with K&N!

If you do go with K&N please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you do go with K&N please let us know how it goes.
Will do. Im not an over the top fan of K&N. I never felt or heard much difference putting one on my Ram HEMI but the AEM i used on my Magnum made a decent difference in sound if nothing else. Ive also been told K&N posts HP numbers from the first pull which isnt accurate & thats why they show such high bumps in power. I do CAI more for engine bling & sound so I can live with small gains in power but would like to hear more sound. They seem to have beat everyone else to market so Ill probably go ahead & order one this weekend unless the wife has other plans for my (her) money.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Will do. Im not an over the top fan of K&N. I never felt or heard much difference putting one on my Ram HEMI but the AEM i used on my Magnum made a decent difference in sound if nothing else. Ive also been told K&N posts HP numbers from the first pull which isnt accurate & thats why they show such high bumps in power. I do CAI more for engine bling & sound so I can live with small gains in power but would like to hear more sound. They seem to have beat everyone else to market so Ill probably go ahead & order one this weekend unless the wife has other plans for my (her) money.....

Well BBK's CAI for the 11' seems to be good to go also. I just checked their site and did a parts search for an 11' Challenger 5.7L and their CAI came up along with a 85mm TB. But the TB is a little bit too expensive for me, I'd rather get a radar detector or something for that much money. The BBK CAI looks nice though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts