Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I installed this about 3 weeks ago. It went on easy which for me is really good. Looks good, sounds, good and will be even better once I get the kit installed to make my scoop functional. Got the kit last night.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Put this on my 09 R/T auto.Easy installation and good fit.Definately worth the money.Anything is better than the factory intake.The car will wake up for you a bit and sound better as the Hemi begins to breath easier.

Go for it,...then consider an aftermarket cat-back exhaust and headers and the car will begin to perform as it should.Add a Predator tune to further unleash the beast.

Then for the kicker,...turn off the ESP and initiate the 'Key Trick' and hold on!:browsmiley:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed one on my car 2 weeks ago. Only put about 20 test miles on so far. Easy install & it looks great! Got mine off Ebay for $220 with free shipping.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Most of the racer's agree that most CAI are more for looks than performance.The factory air box flows pretty decent and actually pulls cool air.

Dodgetony has done some tests at the track.He used a drop in k&n filter in the stock r/t airbox.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f100/12-441-109-stock-rt-air-intake-36712/

"I decided to work with my air intakes this week as a project. I was looking back through all my old time slips and began to notice since adding the K&N CAI, my mph was lower. So today I did a little testing.

First run was with a stock RT air box, K&N drop in filter, and SRT air tube:
12.52 @ 108.45.

I cooled down for 30 minutes and ran that combo again:
12.49 @ 108.44.

Next was the K&N CAI: Again a 30 minute cool down.
12.58 @ 107.11 I imediately pulled that piece of junk off!!

Lastly I used my modified RT tube, K&N drop in. and the RT box. The RT tube necks down smaller in size and imo forces the air in the TB better. Results:
12.47 @ 110

Then my best ever 12.44 At 109.27"

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ordered mine today. Looking forward to installing it. Got mine off Amazon for $218.

·
Registered
16 Posts
K&N

I have the 6300 that I put on my 2010 R/t I pulled it off and went to the mopar for a better look I like blue K&N 6300 for sale 150 bucks

·
Registered
59 Posts
69 typhoon series works great + easy to install. might have to pony up another 100 bucks for it though.
Curious to see the quarter mile times comparison on this one compared to the 63 and stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts