Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switched out the stock filter for a K&N, then back again. It seems the ecu is pulling some timing running the K&N. I have not reviewed the data logs yet but put the stock back in and ran the crap out of. Here is screen shot of at wheel hp reading from torque. Although numbers may be a little subjective but let comments begin

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
How do I like that app?
Is does everything work well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Ever since Mopar Muscle magazine did a test on cold air intakes (CAIs) and their hp results, I'd never go with anything K&N. The K&N CAI was the only unit to show a loss in hp (from stock) compared to all the the CAIs they tried.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ever since Mopar Muscle magazine did a test on cold air intakes (CAIs) and their hp results, I'd never go with anything K&N. The K&N CAI was the only unit to show a loss in hp (from stock) compared to all the the CAIs they tried.
I agree to a point. Size of the filter makes a difference but I will be able to tell more later after I get the tuner.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I ran a K&N panel filter in my old Challenger for years. It was fine, no issues. I just got tired of the cleaning/oiling crap. I just run an OEM hellcat paper filter now in my car. Probably not a huge difference either way.

Hard to say what is causing the timing pull. Could be you got a bad tank of gas. Could be it's letting in a bit more air now so it's running leaner and getting a bit of knock now. I would do some more back to back testing to really see what's going on.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
You do know that k&n makes pretty much most of the filters out there for the aftermarket and some factory applications

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Been using for a long time just not data logging. It works fantastic

Do you know if they make the odb plug for a iPhone to work with the app??

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know if they make the odb plug for a iPhone to work with the app??

Not sure if there is the torque app on iPhone or not. I didn't see it on my kids iPhone but there are other apps that look good

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an R2C filter istead of my blue Mopar one it's supposed to flow "4 times as much" but who really knows it looks cooler for sure, once I get it tuned we'll see if it really made a difference

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an R2C filter istead of my blue Mopar one it's supposed to flow "4 times as much" but who really knows it looks cooler for sure, once I get it tuned we'll see if it really made a difference
You have a pic of that filter? And a link where ya got it. Also thought I read they are no longer in business.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ran a K&N panel filter in my old Challenger for years. It was fine, no issues. I just got tired of the cleaning/oiling crap. I just run an OEM hellcat paper filter now in my car. Probably not a huge difference either way.

Hard to say what is causing the timing pull. Could be you got a bad tank of gas. Could be it's letting in a bit more air now so it's running leaner and getting a bit of knock now. I would do some more back to back testing to really see what's going on.
Not bad fuel. I feel it's leaner than with the stock shaker filter. Without a tuner these things are way lean anyway, so yea I figure some knock retard. I did not open my knock app when it was installed. I will play later on sometime and see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought it off of eBay because after a month of it not coming from R2C's website "r2c preformance" I had to do a charge back through my credit card company, if you Google r2c black hexagon challenger shaker filter you'll see them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts