Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its almost done. I had a 2.8LC Kenne Bell installed via HHP. we added the Kenne Bell Tensioner (which is a beefy Ford part). Installed the modified Hurst shifter and a drive shaft loop installed as well. Bruce from HHP in KC has to load Adam's tune and the car will be finished and ready for the streets. I am very pleased with the work and attention to detail that Bruce has put into this install. I truly fell like the car is in very good place and his work is top shelf. Here are a few pics.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Engine

Box Technology Machine Automotive battery Auto part

Auto part Power plugs and sockets

On a side note I wanted to say thank you to all of you who helped me make this decision and answered my questions over the last several months. Truly are some great and helpful folks on here!!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few more pics.
Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Fuel line

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

I wont be able to get the car for another day. I cant wait to get behind the wheel!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice! I am about to pull the trigger on the KB 2.8. Can you tell me why you went with the LC model and is there a huge difference between LC and non LC? Could you please tell me where you purchased this model and how much? Can you also tell me about how long and how much the install was at HHP?(please PM me if you dont want to list prices here) I would like to get my SRT8 to 11.50 in the 1/4 mile with sticky tires(any quicker and I need a cage which I dont want)..My car is a daily driver and weekend racer so I hope the KB and stock motor hold up to about 10-15000 miles a year. What gauges did you get? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jelsis, pm sent.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
That looks very very nice. As you stated Bruce takes great pride in how things look when he is done. His attention to detail is second to none for sure. You are going to love the KB and your new power. Be carefull and enjoy!!

·
Banned
675 Posts
that is amazing!!! I need to stop by his chop and give him a blank check and see what he can do for me.

I just need to find somebodies check book.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I will post more data once it hits the dyno. I was seriously floored by Bruces attention to the little things. Like wiring and trying to minimize and hide stuff at all cost. He is very talented and treats the car like it is his baby. On the other hand I am sure I will break stuff, burn the clutch up and melt off the tires!! Ha

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
:bowdown:

Love the KB. It was a really hard decision for me between the KB and the Magnuson. I chose Magnuson due to simplicity of the install which I was doing myself, otherwise I'd go Kenne Bell.

Awesome!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tonight I got to drive the car for the 1st time. Bruce, the installer called me from my car and said he had loaded Adam's tune and the car was ready to test drive. We took the car out, Bruce driving 1st. He was laying into it, but respectfully though all the gears to test it out. Then we pulled over switched seats and I got to drive it for the first time! Wow is all have to say. It is perfect. You can hear the SC ever so softly under normal driving conditions, which is exactly what I wanted it to be like. I left the parking lot floored it and did a long 70 ft double fishtail!! Under boost it sounds and preforms like a high dollar piece of equipment. It pulls hard and stands up the front, and squats down the rear under full throttle. Under hard shifting, you can feel the tires breaking free and spinning for up to 8ft or so. I am very very happy with results. Tomorrow it will get Larry's modified Hurst shifter installed and then it will be complete, minus a final dyno tune to dial it into perfection.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Nice, congratulations good choice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the Kenne Bell polished 2.8LC with upgraded tensioner from Adam at ST Motorsports. Adam said to go with 9lbs, I cant wait to have HHP do the install.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jelsis, you will love it. HHP did a perfect job. Good guys! Also, good move on doing the 9lbs. I can see why all these guys say boost is addictive!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Tracy is the installer in Newark DE. He is a great tech and knows his stuff. He does very nice clean work.
If I were you I would'nt run more than 8psi boost on the stock motor and I'd run it fat.

·
Vendor
969 Posts
I'm glad to see the KB's making a resurgance on here, we have a few installs on the schedule for the next month or so.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
145 Posts
I live in overland park and independence, never heard of HHP, who are they?

So how much power does it make :bigthumb:

·
Vendor
969 Posts
I live in overland park and independence, never heard of HHP, who are they?

So how much power does it make :bigthumb:
Never heard of us? Welcome to ChallengerTalk. hehehe

Bruce is an active partner in our business who lives full time in the Overland Park area. As one of the best known HEMI experts in our entire market and a championship winning racer, he ran our shop and started all of our engine developement with Tony Bischoff years ago then he moved out there two years ago due to family obligations and has been doing installs for us out there. He's wrapping up Boatman's build this week - he came all the way out from Wyoming to OP. If you're looking for any work to be done on your car, from basics through high performance, Bruce is your man.

Joshua, HHP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.