Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All coming together now! Wheels are going to the shop Monday to get widened. New rear tires on order. And... a polished 2.8l LC SC and TB on order. After taking to the people @ KB they said I would need a custom tune due to my headers and catless mids. The closest place to me is just North of Columbus, Pickups Plus Cars. Seem like good people talking on the phone. Decided to just have them do the install. The price was not bad and it eliminates the complexity of getting a SC car with a stock tune 2 hours south to get a tune. Hope to have it all done on March 17th. They will be doing a before and after dyno, of course with the exhaust it will not be a stock baseline but will give you an idea of what the KB will do, whether it is better or worse with an exhaust setup behind it. Of course a lot of that has to do with the tuner and the aggressiveness. Kyle at Pickups Plus Cars steered me away from my desired 8lb pulley for now, opting for the 6.5. This is mainly due to the limited miles on the car, 1200. He did say I would not need to bring it back to him to go to 8 later. Just send him the files from their custom handheld and he can then send me a new tune based on that. Apparently their custom handheld is more robust that your typical Diablo or SCT. It is suppose to give you more options to configure.

More to come the week of the 17th!

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Congratulations , have they tuned a KB before?
I ran mine on the largest pulley I could find. I had to cut the liner under the hood to fit. I was around 6.4 lbs. Made 494 rwhp with a 6.1. Plenty of power.

You will love it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congratulations, I too will know you will enjoy that Kenne Bell!! I have the same one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
They have been out for awhile raceheart77! Check out their site and ask others, now they are having to maintain their boost to 8lbs or you will be shaking hands with a piston if you do not have forged parts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry guys, I have been very busy. Ordered and bought a Jeep, been doing things with that. But yes, the car is done. I just cleaned it up today and took it out for a spin. It is very quick. I am running 6psi. I had ordered a bigger TB but the tuner was having an issue with that and KB claims they are also having an issue with it on the 392. I do want to go 8psi down the road. The tuner talked me out of it due to limited miles on my car (1300). The SC yielded me 115 more HP over the baseline on a Mustang dyno.

I have a strut brace to go in yet (need to paint it) and I need to fab up some covers to go over the valve covers/coils.

I also still have my Barton in a box, along with a hood and a spare tire delete to go on the Jeep. I need a vacation to get this stuff done! Oh and I sold both my trucks since my last post, as mentioned, been busy!

To sum up the project to date

Car purchased new June 13
ARH 1 7/8" headers
Catless mids
Zoomers polished cat back
Rear wheels widened 1.25"
305 tires on the back (needed a 1/4" spacer)
KB 2.8 LC SC 6psi

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts