Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Event results page now up on facebook... Oamaru Drag Racing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Have received another updated tune form KB with comment "tuner found another rev file in your tune"
I think that is code for "ooops we adjusted the speed limiter but forgot to adjust the rev-limiter"
And now the next update..
A little frustrated to be honest, back to the 1/4 mile event talked about above for the March 2019 round. (Event is held twice a year Nov and March) and with the new KB updated tune I was expecting to be on or across the line before the new "6200rpm" limiter setting cuts in.
Short story is it was banging on the limiter @5825rpm still 30+yrds from the line so a mere 125 rpm lift from OEM, not sure what happened to my "6200rpm" new setting .
Have sent KB email asking for possible explanations as to why?
Good news from day is a 12.3 so still picked up 3/10ths on previous best at this event, but again frustrated at what it may of been.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Have received another updated tune form KB with comment "tuner found another rev file in your tune"
I think that is code for "ooops we adjusted the speed limiter but forgot to adjust the rev-limiter"
And now approx 7mths later....The latest running of this event.
Car ran well enough in high heat and a strong head wind for a new PB 12.332
Trapped @116mph 6050rpm in 3rd so got that rev-limit issue sorted.
First time for me to gauge my car against a Hellcat (2016 Auto) running same rear tires as me for event.
I ran 3 X 12.3sec times a .33 - .35 and .37
His best for the day 12.212 so I am happy enough to be within .11 of him as a bench mark of where my car is currently.
The modified ZR1 retook the lead in our personal little battle , he now has a PB that is 6 thousanths faster than mine!!!
Fun day.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Photo from event.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts
Looks great (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi, Vogtland springs.
Conservative timing, plenty of fuel and meth inj all playing a part in it all staying together so far.
Car has nice stance. What kind of lowering kit do you have under there?
Also, its amazing that you're pushing 12.5 psi on stock bottom end.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i know this is old but are you still running the original KB tune?
Hi, Yes.
KB original tune with added KB raised rev-limit (6200rpm) and top speed limiter maxed out.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts