Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Those stripes (and the script logo) are pretty much all that identifies it as the "Classic."

I'd replace the white ones with black ones. Add some matching satin black wheels (look at the Hurst Missile or some Centerline 5-spokers).

However, there are a bunch of posts about removing these with a blow dryer (sit in the sun first to get them soft), and then heat and peel. Most guys have reported great results....if your intent on going naked/stripeless.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Darker blue, like what's on your car, fade the least in my experience. If your car was red, I'd not recommend it, as that color (and those similar to it) are the worst for fading. Also, if you have garaged the car, that would also help preserve the original hue of the paint since it's not getting as much UV exposure. I'd say it's a fair bet you'll be fine taking them off.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
You have Classic wheels and stripes. I would leave it well alone. Beautiful car!

·
Registered
550 Posts
The stripes are what makes it a R/T love mine.
I totally agree. It is a personal preference I guess. I had the option of going red or black on my Challenger classic and decided on the red. For me the stripes add some character and also make the car look a little thinner on the sides. BTW ... I love the black stripes on red. Great combination.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
It looks good on your car, however, when you take them off, I think they look naked without something...so I went with an old school look, Silver Leaf Stripes, and outlined in red pinstripe. Looks awesome in the sun!

Applied by hand, by the famous Mitch Kim of Clackamas, Oregon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 blackberry pearl R/T Classic
149 Posts
I have the matte black R/T stripes on blackberry pearl. I wasn't to sure of them at first, they are subtle.
They grew on me and I haven't thought about removing them since.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I have the matte black R/T stripes on blackberry pearl. I wasn't to sure of them at first, they are subtle.
They grew on me and I haven't thought about removing them since.
You did the right thing ....................... still are!

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
I am not a big fan of white stripes. If it were my car, I would remove them and replace them with something more subtle or leave it plain.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I removed mine as once I ditched the chrome classic wheels as I like them but my R/T is Sublime which I do not think the chrome wheels look good on.It was a warm day and mine came off in 20 minutes.I am however turning mine into a T/A clone so at some point after I get the T/A hood I bought painted(the one with the big scoop) I may put the T/A side stripes on.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Stripes help to outline the curves and definitely add to the Classic look. But take the white ones off. If you will miss them when they are gone go for black or red.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I love the look of the R/T Classic, I think its the best looking Challenger model made! Hell I even added them to my Scat pack to emulate it and it get lots of compliments! I think it's the best of both worlds with the look of the R/T Classic and the big 392 engine to boot......

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
644 Posts
I had a 2011 Challenger R/T Classic --- Tungsten Metallic with Black R/T stripes. I got a TON of compliments on the car.

As big of a stripes fan as I am ..... I'd prefer black stripes on your car over the white ones. I like the "ghost" look of the matte black stripes on a black car.

But, it's your car. Do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
958 Posts
the white stripes are fine, they set the car apart. If I were to change them I'd go with silver, there are a couple of other jazz blue cars in here with the silver stripes and they look terrific. The stripes also help trick the eye, the car is a bit slab sided and removing them tends to accent that feature.

nice color btw.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts