Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get some opinions. Should I keep my 2010 HemiOrange RT Classic with a nice interior and screen, or should I trade it in for a manual RT hopefully Classic. I haven't added any modifications because I don't know if I should keep the auto or trade in for a manual. Any opinions are great! Help needed....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just trying to get some opinions. Should I keep my 2010 HemiOrange RT Classic with a nice interior and screen, or should I trade it in for a manual RT hopefully Classic. I haven't added any modifications because I don't know if I should keep the auto or trade in for a manual. Any opinions are great! Help needed....
Funny I'm thinking of maybe going to an automatic (especially 8spd with paddle shifters) if I upgrade to a supercharged 6.2. I'm happy with my 6 spd but they did have some issues when they first came out, mine had the issue where it would get stuck in 1st gear (under warranty Starcase# they removed, cleaned shaft, re-greased).

Also it is a bit clunky but they may have improved in 4 years. Depends on what you like, I have a lot of fun with mine so I might stick with a manual. I'd have fun with paddle shifting too and an auto with a T shifter, but as much? hmmm decisions decisions!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also think that the manual would be just straight cooler and more classic. I want to modify my car to be as classic as possible instead of the new tech look. I'm sure I would have more fun, but do I want to lose the screen and risk the manual being kind of annoying in the city...

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Need I say more

uploadfromtaptalk1361942621589.jpg

Sent from my HTC Rezound with the AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know some come with screens and manual transmissions... I have just failed to find one lately with both that I would possibly be able to trade in for. I'm not ready for this trade yet, but I'm sure I will be fairly soon.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
just my 2 cents this car is to big and heavy for a 6spd, I like a 6spd on sport cars then Big cars feels different to me....

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
just my 2 cents this car is to big and heavy for a 6spd, I like a 6spd on sport cars then Big cars feels different to me....
.... This six speed is beast even in the R/T

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'm not saying its not fast, just saying in a sports car you can handle the car better the car will responds better, just my opinion!!!

Before I bought my R/T I drove the stick and it just didn't feel right to me, to big of a car.. I look at this car as a "Boulevard cruiser" over 2 tons lol

I didn't drive the SRT, maybe it would have been a different feel dunno...

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
I'm not saying its not fast, just saying in a sports car you can handle the car better the car will responds better, just my opinion!!!

Before I bought my R/T I drove the stick and it just didn't feel right to me, to big of a car.. I look at this car as a "Boulevard cruiser" over 2 tons lol

I didn't drive the SRT, maybe it would have been a different feel dunno...
Maybe you didn't drive it right lol this transmission is responsive for a big vehicle. Anytime I downshift I have instant power a chirping tires.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
NO! Don't do it! Why should others enjoy your car? I feel so "dirty" just driving it around, what with the nose lifting on EVERY gear change, the bellowing of reso-deletes, not to mention the 11s instead of 1s the Getrag leaves..... Off to da shower! ;)

Reactions: TexasBock

·
Registered
526 Posts
This car is NOT too heavy for a 6 speed manual, sorry but that is just dumb. The 6 speed is great on this car. I love it and would not even own this car if I couldn't have gotten the 6 speed, and that coming from a guy that commutes 80 miles round trip in Houston traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
The manual owners will tell you how great it is and how horrible the automatic is and that the MDS will kill your timing chain, the automatic owners will tell you how evil the manual is and that the automatic is faster. Me? I will tell you to go out and spend some time in a 6 speed car and do the type of driving that you would do on a daily basis, then form your own opinion.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great advice Gary, I agree totally. Some like the automatic and some the manual, all personal preference. Either one is great to own in this car. Drive both, then decide which fits you.

I just happen to be a fan of the 6 speed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Love my 6-spd. Where else ya gonna get an overdrive 50/50 split? My Charger was an auto and was extremely happy with that choice.....but not the Challenger.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you really want the manual go for it. To me it's about how often you drive for fun.

The manual is more fun for sure. Paddle shifters work ok, but it's not the same thing.

All that said, I prefer the automatic. 90% of my driving isn't for fun, i'm just going somewhere. I like to drink coffee and listen to the stereo. There is also a whole lot of traffic, and stop signs here.

Shifting from 1st to neutral over and over again really sucks. Riding the brake is much better.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have one of each, a FF 6 speed & a Hemi Orange automatic. I find myself wishing the HO was a 6 speed sometimes, maybe trade the HO for a second 6 speed? But I can't get rid of a home run HO Challenger, it's HO, no issues EVER, it's a straight R/T not even a classic, but no I'm keeping it. Being able to drive both, auto or 6 speed, it's actually...get ready......a moot point. They are the same, they are different, I really don't like one over the other, kinda like children and dogs. I would not trade a low mileage Challenger just to get the 6 speed, just dream about it and save the money and aggravation if the new car has issues. Either way, they are cars that make you happy, can you be more happy? You could resolve the issue by having two !

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have one of each, a FF 6 speed & a Hemi Orange automatic. I find myself wishing the HO was a 6 speed sometimes, maybe trade the HO for a second 6 speed? But I can't get rid of a home run HO Challenger, it's HO, no issues EVER, it's a straight R/T not even a classic, but no I'm keeping it. Being able to drive both, auto or 6 speed, it's actually...get ready......a moot point. They are the same, they are different, I really don't like one over the other, kinda like children and dogs. I would not trade a low mileage Challenger just to get the 6 speed, just dream about it and save the money and aggravation if the new car has issues. Either way, they are cars that make you happy, can you be more happy? You could resolve the issue by having two !
DAMN!! Now I'm thinking about getting two HIGH IMPACT Colours ...:pillepalle: (... but where's the $ ?)
THESE are BEAUTIFUL !! :bowdown:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Well, I might as well throw in my 2 cents since I have one of each now. I never considered an auto until recently due mainly to my belief that a muscle car should have a manual and I couldn't get over MDS thing. Muscle cars should not become four cylinders. Also I've found after two manuals that they get excellent mileage. If you want that retro look you must get a repro hurst pistol grip shifter handle at least. Looks great, feels right. On the other hand, I'm having a blast with the auto now too. Never thought it would run and shift this good. If I was in your shoes, I would get a newer model simply because all the improvements made from 2011 on. 2008-10 are still great cars, but when I went from a 2010 to a 2012, it was well worth it, a much more refined car. As far as trans goes, it's a toss up to me right now, each has definite benefits and drawbacks.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hey Wally, A New Plum Crazy would look great next to your GWE ! The Challenger just begs for a high impact color !

Reactions: WALLYVINEZ
1 - 20 of 35 Posts