Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenge
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here intentionally keeping mileage low for resale value?? I'm sure there are. Do you plan to sell at a certain mileage or keep the car indefinitely? Anyone not care at all about the mileage they put on their Challenger? I think I'd like to upgrade from RT to SRT before vehicle value drops below 20-22k.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
olskooljr said:
Anyone not care at all about the mileage they put on their Challenger?
I am with this crowd. I could care less about mileage and resale value.

If I wanted to have a car sit in the garage and worry about high miles on it I would not have bought the car in the first place. I would just pay the local Dodge dealer a visit once a week and admire a challenger on their lot while keeping my $45K+ in my pocket.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenge
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am with this crowd. I could care less about mileage and resale value.

If I wanted to have a car sit in the garage and worry about high miles on it I would not have bought the car in the first place. I would just pay the local Dodge dealer a visit once a week and admire a challenger on their lot while keeping my $45K+ in my pocket.
Lol. Good point.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Huggy,
huggy
huggy.

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Nope. I'm driving my car (except for nicer days when I use the motorcycle).

I tend to keep my cars 10 years or more and after that, the car won't be worth much anyway.

And since I drive my car, I won't second guess my self in 10 years wondering why I didn't drive this fabulous car more in the years I've owned it. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,432 Posts
My 2009 SRT has very low miles because I only drive it on weekends. I take a train to work every day and it stays under the car cover.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Vipers are known to "like" miles on them, my 300 seemed to get faster as I owned it(bought i new, sold it with 57k on it) and I'm hoping my Challenger runs better and better over time. Drive these babies and enjoy them! They have beefy powertrains and run-in over time with proper maintenance.

As far as preserving re-sale $$$, I totally understand that. This is also the time to get a new SRT8 well below sticker ;) Shop nationally.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Mine is not my daily driver so the miles will be slow to accumulate but I cant see ever keeping miles low just for resale value. If someone is that worried, sell it and buy a Kia now.

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
I'm on the fence.

My 2011 already has 20k miles on it and it's only a little over a year old, so I'm trying to slow down a little. :D I don't commute and usually drive the wife's car if I need to run errands, so these days it gets driven 1-2 times per week. I'm not concerned about resale, I just don't want to drive it into the ground too fast. On the other hand, I do have the lifetime warranty...so...I'm not TOO worried about it but I am being more picky about when I drive it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I work from home, so my miles stay low by default, not by any conscious choice. I had my previous car for seven years... put 25k miles on it in that time. *shrug*

·
Registered
41 Posts
I work from home, so my miles stay low by default, not by any conscious choice. I had my previous car for seven years... put 25k miles on it in that time. *shrug*
I'm in that same boat. I work from home and will only take the Challenger out when it's nice and when I don't have to leave it for very long. We have Charger & Ram daily driver vehicles so the Challenger is a garage queen mostly.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenge
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 2009 SRT has very low miles because I only drive it on weekends. I take a train to work every day and it stays under the car cover.
That is ideally the route I had planned to go too. Either that or have a short commute to work but my drive is an hour so...got the RT for better MPGs and cost efficiency.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I hate to admit it, but mine is a garage queen. Not necessarily by design, but that's the way it's working out. I bought mine on April 3rd this year and have 3015 miles so far. My job necessitates I travel, so mine sets in the garage when I'm gone. I try to keep it out of bad weather, although it has been in the rain more than once. I just drive my pickup if it looks like it could get nasty. As far as keeping it long term and keeping the mileage low for resale value, it's never really been a factor in my decisions. I just love the car. Period!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
lots of great answers. I am on the viper forums also to learn about them. Most Viper owners have multiple cars and keep their vipers very low milage like some of us here do. I think its great for people like me who can't afford a ne viper but can save for a used one that might be 6-10 years old with less than 10k miles on it. perfect!

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenge
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! 25k miles in 7 years? I've had my truck 10 years and Ive put almost 200k on it. It had 106k when I bought it and now it has close to 300k.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenge
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lots of great answers. I am on the viper forums also to learn about them. Most Viper owners have multiple cars and keep their vipers very low milage like some of us here do. I think its great for people like me who can't afford a ne viper but can save for a used one that might be 6-10 years old with less than 10k miles on it. perfect!
Right. Exactly my point. I wouldnt (couldnt) spend $45k on a new SRT-8, but I can do around $30k for an SRT-8 with a few miles on it. I even saw one yesterday listed for about $26k with 50k miles on it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mines a daily driver. bought her in July with 12 miles, now she has 5200 miles. Since the oil change light was turned off, she's done with break-in, I guess, I feel more pep in her take offs and went from 20mpg's to 25 with my normal every day drives, mine stays until wheels fall off.

Reactions: olskooljr

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
if i'm not wide open throttling either of the two Challengers, i ain't happy.....

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I too work from home and only drive the Challenger 1-2 times a week. More if I can get out.....

It just turned over 4100 miles, but I am not worrying about putting miles on it. I want to enjoy it when I can for as long as I can.

Longest trip to date is from home (Melbourne, Fl) to Daytona. But that where it was purchased originally from the Dodge dealer.

Going to Palm Coast next week for 3 days for business, will be the first time it will be outside for that long. :yikes: Stays in the garage normally.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenge
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if i'm not wide open throttling either of the two Challengers, i ain't happy.....

Lucky guy. Which one do you drive more and why?

1 - 20 of 143 Posts