Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sending mine off to have an aluminum one made so I can either chrome it or polish it. They said the more tanks ordered the bigger the discount. I am not selling them nor do I make anything off of them. Nobody makes one as of yet so this will be the first and it will go back on the KB bracket in the same location. I am not trying to jack up vendors or anything so if this upsets them then please remove it. I guess the only thing I gain will be a cheaper price for all of us who want something other then the black plastic one. I am sending it off Monday and they will work up an estimate for 1 5-9 and 10 or more. Just post up if your interested and when they contact me I can get the info out to everybody. Again, I make absolutely nothing off this but getting it cheaper. The company I am using has been around for decades and does top notch work. Thanks, Larry

·
Banned
642 Posts
I am sending mine off to have an aluminum one made so I can either chrome it or polish it. They said the more tanks ordered the bigger the discount. I am not selling them nor do I make anything off of them. Nobody makes one as of yet so this will be the first and it will go back on the KB bracket in the same location. I am not trying to jack up vendors or anything so if this upsets them then please remove it. I guess the only thing I gain will be a cheaper price for all of us who want something other then the black plastic one. I am sending it off Monday and they will work up an estimate for 1 5-9 and 10 or more. Just post up if your interested and when they contact me I can get the info out to everybody. Again, I make absolutely nothing off this but getting it cheaper. The company I am using has been around for decades and does top notch work. Thanks, Larry
I am interested. I hope they will also offer something better than the 90 degree brass fittings as well????
Thanks

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Count me in!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Add me to list. Kenne Bell should be offering a better tabk with their system. The Techco blower came with a metal tank.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Adam makes nice Ice Boxes, why don't you just call him

·
Registered
37 Posts
any pics of these other boxes. yeah i hate the brass fittings youd think for all the money they cost they could do AN fittings or something a little nicer

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adam makes nice Ice Boxes, why don't you just call him
Yes he does but we are not going that route. Just want everything underhood that can be chromed or polished done. He will drive this thing all over the place when he comes in from working and He just wants to be able to hit the key and go playing:bigthumb:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They called me today. We decided to go square to match the shapes of the coolant and power steering tanks from Moroso. They are going to incorporate the bracket in with the tank and also put a small petcock in the bottom to be able to drain it. They are working up a quote for 1 and 5+ tanks so as soon as I have a price I will let you know.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
They called me today. We decided to go square to match the shapes of the coolant and power steering tanks from Moroso. They are going to incorporate the bracket in with the tank and also put a small petcock in the bottom to be able to drain it. They are working up a quote for 1 and 5+ tanks so as soon as I have a price I will let you know.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the pricing on this tank.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, if we get one that will bolt to the KB bracket its $275 1-4, 5+ is $175
If we get one with the bracket incorporated in the tank(my personal choice) then its $300 for 1-4, and $190 for 5+. Pm me if your interested so I can see how many we can get going. Its about a 12wk wait but it will be worth it. I don't want to be the one buying and then re-selling them so he said we could all call and give individual names and pay for them individually and still get the discount if we hit 5 or more:bigthumb:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
PM sent. Check your inbox.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, between me and one other person we have 2:scratchhead: I will give it a few more days and then just order mine and the other gentleman can order his.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It seems that the issue people are having is the fact that we don't have one to look at so I will be ordering mine today. Once I get it I will post some pics.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Thanks for doing all this leg work. I am interested as well and look forward to seeing the unit once it is made for you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for doing all this leg work. I am interested as well and look forward to seeing the unit once it is made for you.
Your welcome, its always fun to have the "first" one of something:bigthumb: There will be alot of first where these cars are concerned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts