Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be dropping her off the 22nd for a kenne bell at low boost for reliability. Im also getting a separate race tune for E85 so I can run little higher boost and keep the engine cooler and not have to worry about burning up a piston. Then in july ill be adding pistons to really up the boost.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I would get the pistons installed first before the SC.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Already thought it over and talked to my tuner. Will be perfectly fine at 520-530hp. Theres alot of 392s running around daily driven at 540 w/o pistons. Pistons will be going on shortly after kenne bell

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Adam doing the install?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Can't wait to see that! Loved my kb. Hope to have one on my car one day.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
It was on my dodge truck. They make a really nice kit. Had that for about 50-60k and never a problem. Sold it and built a 408. They r just nice to stare at let alone drive.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Do the 3.6 KB , similar price as the 2.8lc and do the KB 148 TB . KB has tech article for the 392. That you should read.

Adams version of the WOT box is pretty good, I would do that also.

Reactions: challengeRRR

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do the 3.6 KB , similar price as the 2.8lc and do the KB 148 TB . KB has tech article for the 392. That you should read.

Adams version of the WOT box is pretty good, I would do that also.
I would but I got my hands on a take off kb for a good price otherwise id be all over it.

How did adam create a wot box. Id really like to have one on my 392. After doing my cam install the launch control did work right anymore

Can you send me the link for the article too please. ..

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I would but I got my hands on a take off kb for a good price otherwise id be all over it.

How did adam create a wot box. Id really like to have one on my 392. After doing my cam install the launch control did work right anymore

Can you send me the link for the article too please. ..
Read the part about the gain with the Larger TB, it helps with IATs also.
You could drop it 1lb of boost with the larger TB and yield same power .

On the WOT box, it won't be needed as much now but it will make boost more manageable.
When you up the boost later you will be happy you have it. Adams WOT box
Is the way Tim's form mr Norms should of been designed .

Heres the test article:

These are the dyno tests on a 100% stock Dodge 6.4 manual Challenger with the new Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth Kit. The 6.4 definitely produces more HP at the same boost than the 6.1 at a conservative 180 of timing. The 2.8 made [email protected] [email protected] and a big [email protected] Our 168mm throttle body is 36HP at this level for 714 at 11psi.(test not shown) Those big numbers are the result of the higher stock 6.4 HP output and our standard Mammoth Inlet System�s ability to flow huge amounts of air to the supercharger with minimal restriction. If the supercharger is large enough, which our 2.8 most certainly is, it will have no problem feeding enough air/boost to the larger 392� engine with a minimum loss in PC (power consumption) and lower discharge temps with plenty room to grow. At 15psi with race gas tune and 240 (+25) spark look for 800HP. HP gains are approx. 22HP/psi or 45HP per �� of pulley size.
We will be publishing all of the information on HP, injectors, fuel system etc. on our website under �6.4 Tech Tips�. We did consider using a smaller 2.4 Twin Screw supercharger, like the 2.3 TVS the OEM�s and other aftermarket companies� use for their kits but it simply lacked the efficiency at the higher boost and RPM levels. You can �spin� a 2.3 or 2.4 faster but it uses proportionally more engine HP than a larger supercharger. A recent test on a �13 5.4 Shelby GT500 showed the stock 2.3 TVS used 86 more engine HP and 700 hotter air charge at 20psi and 23,500RPM vs. 16,800 for the 2.8.
Our Mammoth is still standard equipment (no extra cost for the upgraded inlet system or tuning). It is a must for maximizing HP with all of our kits. The supercharger must have �0� inlet restriction to make max HP at any boost. The Mammoth and some other parts required redesign for the 6.4�s power steering and crank pulley. Mounting the filter/air inlet under the front bumper for cool fresh air isn�t easy or economical with the limited underhood space in today�s vehicles. Also, using the stock fuel rails was not feasible so the 6.4 kits include Kenne Bell billet fuel rails. Cost of kit is, therefore, $100 higher than the 6.1 and 5.7 kits.
Kits include 50lb injectors, BOOST-A-PUMP, Mammoth inlet kit upgrade and flash tuner (factory calibrated). LC (Liquid Cooled) remains optional on the 2.8 and standard on the 3.6 and 4.2. Our 148mm throttle body (1800cfm) is still optional and good for +36HP at 665 for 701HP. Note: The 36 and higher HP gains (depends on engine HP) are only achievable with an inlet system that flows at least 1800 cfm. An 1800 cfm 148mm throttle body isn�t much good if it is restricted by a stock 929 cfm inlet system.
Tests on our air flow bench indicate the new stock 6.4 inlet tract is improved to 929 cfm vs. 777 for the 6.1/5.7, as it should be. The bad news is 929 cfm is still too small for a supercharged motor. At least Dodge recognized the disparity and redesigned the 6.4 air box to match their 81mm throttle body air flow. As always, airflow isn�t the only thing-it�s everything. And the 3.6 and 4.2 fit under the stock hood.
The automatic car is being dyno tested next week. By comparison, our stock 662hp Shelby GT500 made [email protected] on 93 octane.
That�s our take on the 6.4 so far. We�re testing every day. More to come.
We have a lot of orders, so get you name on the list if interested. No deposit required. Shipping July 1st!
[email protected]
Attached Images

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good read. Crazy they tested a stock 392 at 15psi getting 800hp but doesn't race gas cool the engine maybe? Not familiar with it. Good to know the 2.8 is a bigger kit than the Maggie's thus using less engine power and less strain on it. I'm glad the 2.8l goes to 15psi with the bigger tb. That's deff a goal after forging.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
That's awesome info about the KB setup! And 168mm tb?? Thought my 90 looked pretty big...lol. I'm guessing it's an oval 168 like the Ford ones huh?
714 whp at 11 psi on stock motor with just a big tb??? Wow... Maybe I'll get a KB instead of a D1 PC...seems pretty efficient and should make boost more so down low as opposed to PC centri style and exponential boost roll on... hmmm.

Reactions: challengeRRR

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yup, I listened to Chukarboy and glad I did, the 148mm is a lot better than the stock TB.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just got home. Got kinda late.
578whp on E85. She still drives just like stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Gonna have some take off items for sale and wanted you guys to have first dibs if interested

2 392 intake manifolds (great for porting) ***best offer***
Lakewood strut tower brace ***sale pending***
LMI carbon fiber CAI with breather filter$200
SRT8 headers w/ mid pipes ***best offer***

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts