Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a year of research I put down my deposit today with Jeff from HHP to supercharge my SRT. I was not aware that HHP had an installer, Bruce, in Overland Park, KS until Boatman posted his awesome build a few weeks ago. this was huge because it's 5 min down the road from me!

Nothing to radical, I am going with:

• 2.8 LC KB on stock bottom, 8lbs.
  • Kenne Bell tensioner
  • 70 TA's Hurst shifter upgrade
  • Mr Norms PCV oil return
  • Josh custom tune
I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Well after a year of research I put down my deposit today with Jeff from HHP to supercharge my SRT. I was not aware that HHP had an installer, Bruce, in Overland Park, KS until Boatman posted his awesome build a few weeks ago. this was huge because it's 5 min down the road from me!

• Kenne Bell tensioner
  • Josh custom tune
I can't wait.
Congrats, glad you found a local guy to take care of you. See what rob started, welcome to the KB family:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have pics to post, and dyno numbers as well.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Congratulations , you will love the kb.

Did you give some thought to Tims WOT box? It sure makes control of boost easy. I can pull pretty hard onto the freeway or up a hill without going into boost. But if I want it it's there.

I didn't know kb had a new tensioner, I would of bought it. I installed the after market one.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously thinking about going to CF2. Thanks for the posting the link.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you give some thought to Tims WOT box? It sure makes control of boost easy. I can pull pretty hard onto the freeway or up a hill without going into boost. But if I want it it's there.

I've read up on the WOT box and have talked to Mr Norms about it as well. I am going to give it a go with out it but if it is truly too jumpy then I will get it installed.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Very nice, no cuts in line though sucker.:bigthumb:
IMO you should get the WOT box.
Glad I could help finding a guy. HHP is top notch and Bruce really knows his stuff.
Your going to be very happy with your car when it's done.
Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I went on KB website and didn't find a tensioner under accessories. Are you sure that's part of the build or are you getting another brand? I called tech support before my install and they said the stock tensioner was fine with the 8lb kit. It's such a cheap upgrade I did it anyway.

• Kenne Bell tensioner
  • Josh custom tune
I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
I went on KB website and didn't find a tensioner under accessories. Are you sure that's part of the build or are you getting another brand? I called tech support before my install and they said the stock tensioner was fine with the 8lb kit. It's such a cheap upgrade I did it anyway.
Give adam a buzz he can get you one. I don't think KB list it but they do sell them:thumbsup: As for the WOT box, it was designed for high HP cars (625+ I would say) My KB setup for the street was 533RWH and I didn't have any boost issues. Once you step into the 625RWH range the car becomes harder to drive and thats when the WOT box is a BIG help:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Give adam a buzz he can get you one. I don't think KB list it but they do sell them:thumbsup: As for the WOT box, it was designed for high HP cars (625+ I would say) My KB setup for the street was 533RWH and I didn't have any boost issues. Once you step into the 625RWH range the car becomes harder to drive and thats when the WOT box is a BIG help:thumbsup:
Thanks Karl , I've been wanting to check out the new shop.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Josh has plenty of experience with the KB from my car and a few others, Bruce is the man for Building a race car.
The Factory tensioner is a piece of crap, Josh has the good one.
The WOT box is awesome at high boost levels at 8psi you should be fine without it.
You'll go 11.5's with 8psi boost and a set of Nitto 555r's.
The Nittos are good to 10 psi then you'll need real tires and wheels.
Is Josh gonna come out and dnyo the car?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I agree with the higher hp the wot box is more applicable.

That being said, you can go deeper into the throttle and pass other cars on the freeway without going into boost. My car goes pretty good without being in boost. For longevity on stock bottom the fewer transitions into boost when not needed or wanted the better. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

It fits my driving style, but some may want to drive in boost as much as possable.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dyno tune will be done over email while the car is on a local shops dyno with Bruce here. Josh will not be here in person, just pushing the tune back and forth. With some coordination should work out fine. After I melt off the F1s, Nittos will be going on!

I really appreciate all the info you guys have posted up on supercharging! This is my first go around with it.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Alright, another 6 speed build! Can't wait to see your numbers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts