Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I've pretty much made up my mind to install a Kenne Bell 2.8LC supercharger on my 2010 Challenger SRT8. Now before anyone starts flaming me about my choice keep in mind its my car and I'm the one that makes the payments. The primary reason I'm going with the Kenne Bell is for looks. Now with that out of the way I still have a few questions.
(1) What are you guys doing about access to the air filter? It looks to me like it will be a pain in the back side to gain access to it for cleaning or replacement.
(2) What about traction control, does one need to disengage it every time you drive the car and have the amber light starring you in the face, or do you just leave it engaged?
(3) I'm going with the 8# kit for now. Do I need to upgrade the belt and belt tensioner? I've heard of them braking. If so do you guys have any part number and manufacture information?

Thanks for any responses.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Well I think I've pretty much made up my mind to install a Kenne Bell 2.8LC supercharger on my 2010 Challenger SRT8. Now before anyone starts flaming me about my choice keep in mind its my car and I'm the one that makes the payments. The primary reason I'm going with the Kenne Bell is for looks. Now with that out of the way I still have a few questions.
(1) What are you guys doing about access to the air filter? It looks to me like it will be a pain in the back side to gain access to it for cleaning or replacement.
(2) What about traction control, does one need to disengage it every time you drive the car and have the amber light starring you in the face, or do you just leave it engaged?
(3) I'm going with the 8# kit for now. Do I need to upgrade the belt and belt tensioner? I've heard of them braking. If so do you guys have any part number and manufacture information?

Congrats on your KB brother! You can pull the belly pan to access the filter.The only time I turn the ESP off is when i'm racing. I would highly recommend changing the tensioner when adding a SC, the stocker will not hold up:thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your KB brother! You can pull the belly pan to access the filter.The only time I turn the ESP off is when i'm racing. I would highly recommend changing the tensioner when adding a SC, the stocker will not hold up:thumbsup:
Thanks,
Any recommendation on brand of belt tensioner to get?

Thanks again.
SubZ

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Me too,

I would also look at adding Norms oil return valve.

The KB catch can is small and you have to empty it often. That oil is not cheap and I won't reuse it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too,

I would also look at adding Norms oil return valve.

The KB catch can is small and you have to empty it often. That oil is not cheap and I won't reuse it.
Thanks for the heads up.
Looks like I'm going to have to start a shopping list.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great choice in supercharger! We need to start a yellow KB club:bigthumb: A Dayco tensioner is a must and no mater what brand of belt of use it's good to carry a spare.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Flame you for what? You just bought the biggest badest street blower on the market.
They only flame us cause Jim Bell is a cool dude and they can't keep up with the badarse Kenne Bell.
Who is doing the install and tune?
The tune is extremelly important.
At 8 psi the dayco will hold up fine it's made by gates, after 10psi you need a better one, like KB,s or Mr Norms or the Ford one HHP sells.
Also Mr. Norms WOT Box is awesome for street driving. You can wait on it and try the car out before you cough up the money for it.
It's easy to install but you will need to retune the car if you wait too install it and it's easier to install with the blower off.
Traction control? whats that? you will blow right through it

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flame you for what? You just bought the biggest badest street blower on the market.
They only flame us cause Jim Bell is a cool dude and they can't keep up with the badarse Kenne Bell.
Who is doing the install and tune?
The tune is extremelly important.
At 8 psi the dayco will hold up fine it's made by gates, after 10psi you need a better one, like KB,s or Mr Norms or the Ford one HHP sells.
Also Mr. Norms WOT Box is awesome for street driving. You can wait on it and try the car out before you cough up the money for it.
It's easy to install but you will need to retune the car if you wait too install it and it's easier to install with the blower off.
Traction control? whats that? you will blow right through it
Thanks for the info.
I will be doing the install myself and will install the KB tune. I haven't found anyone around here that know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to me trusting my car with them.
I haven't ordered the KB yet, haven't had the time. I hope to order it tomorrow my first day off. I work 12 hour days for 7 days then have 7 off.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great choice in supercharger! We need to start a yellow KB club:bigthumb: A Dayco tensioner is a must and no mater what brand of belt of use it's good to carry a spare.
Pictures of your car are what inspired me to get the polished version. I'm getting the liquid cooled version though. I figured why not its only $300.00 difference and who knows I may build the motor and add more boost some day.:notallthere:
Will do on the spare belt.

·
Registered
137 Posts
SUBZERO
Nice choice , you will love the polished KB. When the hood is up you will not believe how many people it atracts . Its like a moth to a flame. I would also recomend the W.O.T box . I am having mine installed at MR. NORMS right now along with a few other things . theres nothing like getting rubber in third with some one in the back seat. ENJOY :thumbsup:
Midwest

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to ask, should I also install a 180 degree thermostat? Will it adversely affect the tune?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Thanks for the info.
I will be doing the install myself and will install the KB tune. I haven't found anyone around here that know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to me trusting my car with them.
I haven't ordered the KB yet, haven't had the time. I hope to order it tomorrow my first day off. I work 12 hour days for 7 days then have 7 off.
where you from?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Go out there and spank JZ arse soon as your finished, tell him thats what a blower is supposed to do. Go fast. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Your going to love the SC, picked the second best one I guess. Do you have a exhaust system yet? I would recomend that good sound and does give you a little HP.
Be sure to take pictures as you go so we all can see them. Have fun!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts