Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KENWOOD eXcelon XR600-6DSP & iDatalink Maestro AR ...no longer Challenger compatible? I notice Crutchfield no longer lists them as compatible. I don't remember seeing anything about it, and can't find any reason that would change? Just curious, not looking to spend any money now, lol. A Guy

·
Registered
393 Posts
A guy,

I believe since Idatalink does not list the 2018 challenger as a compatible car, that may have something to do with omission?
Since you have a 16 and that car is listed as compatible Not sure why that combo would be bad all of a sudden?
You could ask a Idatalink support person. They are normally very helpful or at least were when I had one on a vw.

Here is a good read about why Manufactures are moving away from the CAN network and to Ethernet type networks.

https://www.automotiveworld.com/analysis/ethernet-fast-track-connected-car/

Ron

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Crutchfield listed the combination when I searched by my model before. Just went there today window shopping, and not only do they not list it now, if you search them, and put in your model, it says it does not fit. I wouldn't expect it suddenly doesn't work, unless some issue was discovered since they were new.

A Guy

P.S. Only the MAESTRO RR comes up on a search for 2016 Challenger with non Harmon w/amp at their site

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check again, there has been an update. They now list it as working with my 18 using the ar-ch2 harness for non HK systems. If you don't have any amp at all you may be out of luck.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but Crutchfield still says no. A Guy

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just played with their site a little, 6 speaker alpine they say no, 9 speaker they say yes.
That is just dumb. If you want the part I say get them since idatalink says they work.
This is the route I want to go eventually but for now I will just get better speakers that will work now and later.
I will probably also get an LC2i LOC so I can drop in my Jl 10w6.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6 speaker Alpine. I don't need it, but they showed it as an item that would fit my car, then they stopped. Searching for it says does not fit. I can find nothing explaining why the change, as if they discovered an issue, etc. Nor can I find a definite list of what is compatible anywhere. It's just odd. A Guy

·
Registered
184 Posts
6 speaker Alpine. I don't need it, but they showed it as an item that would fit my car, then they stopped. Searching for it says does not fit. I can find nothing explaining why the change, as if they discovered an issue, etc. Nor can I find a definite list of what is compatible anywhere. It's just odd. A Guy
As far as I can tell the only real limit for compatibility is the wiring harness from idatalink. If the harness works the AR module will which means that the amp will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts