Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently ordered a 2011 SRT, delivery date is around March 14th or so and from what I'm hearing/reading is that it comes with a key FOB. I now own a 2006 Charger Daytona which has a key you stick in the dashboard, turn it, etc, you know the drill.
My question is with the key FOB's, do you get a key or just a remote that you push a button to start the car? I saw a video on You Tube where the interior of the 2011 Challenger was shown. On the dashboard pretty much in the same spot as the ignition on the Chargers, is what looks like a button to start the car. I saw nothing that looked like an ignition where you'd put a key anywhere. If there is no actual key and have this remote to start the car, how do you turn on the ACC like in other cars where you can listen to the radio or put the windows up or down without starting the car?:icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Pressing the button once turns on the ACC. You need to hold the button down for the vehicle to start. You can also pop the button off and insert the key into the key hole.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have recently ordered a 2011 SRT, delivery date is around March 14th or so and from what I'm hearing/reading is that it comes with a key FOB. I now own a 2006 Charger Daytona which has a key you stick in the dashboard, turn it, etc, you know the drill.
My question is with the key FOB's, do you get a key or just a remote that you push a button to start the car? I saw a video on You Tube where the interior of the 2011 Challenger was shown. On the dashboard pretty much in the same spot as the ignition on the Chargers, is what looks like a button to start the car. I saw nothing that looked like an ignition where you'd put a key anywhere. If there is no actual key and have this remote to start the car, how do you turn on the ACC like in other cars where you can listen to the radio or put the windows up or down without starting the car?:icon_confused:
Well as for the first part of the question all I can do is give you this:
and at about 6:40 he starts to explain about the key fob.

As for the ACC part I know because my friend has an '11 Grand Cherokee. As long as the key is in the car you can use the push button to turn on the radio without starting the car. When you walk away with it though, it will turn off.

Gmoney is right except that to start the car you have to put your foot on the brake and then push the start.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I've not seen the 11 set up but I think it will be the same as the 10. The push button is an option. If you have it and you don't put your foot on the brake the first push is ACC the next is on then back to off. It will not start unless you put your foot on the brake. This only works if the FOB is within the door pillars. the button you push pops right out and you can use the FOB as a normal key. If you don't have the option you just put the FOB were the button would be.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Pressing the button once turns on the ACC. You need to hold the button down for the vehicle to start. You can also pop the button off and insert the key into the key hole.
Did they change this on 11s....Mine won't start unless you put your foot on the brake.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info everyone. I was just curious how the ACC would work since I always have the radio on while cleaning my cars as I'm sure everyone does. Now I just cant wait to get the car and for all this damn snow in the northeast to melt. I like the push button above the door handle to lock the doors. :)

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
FYI If you do have the button you can't disable ESP without poping it out and putting the FOB in the ignition slot.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
FYI If you do have the button you can't disable ESP without poping it out and putting the FOB in the ignition slot.
The SRTs don't need the key trick like our R/Ts. They hold the ESP button for 10 seconds or so and a chime will sound and now you have ESPdisabled! Or this is atleast what I experience when racing a '10 PCP SRT8 a few months ago :pimp: lol

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The SRTs don't need the key trick like our R/Ts. They hold the ESP button for 10 seconds or so and a chime will sound and now you have ESPdisabled! Or this is atleast what I experience when racing a '10 PCP SRT8 a few months ago :pimp: lol
Ok so they all have the super track pack? That's how that works opn ours with STP.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Ok so they all have the super track pack? That's how that works opn ours with STP.
I'm not sure if super track pack is an option on SRT8s. But I'm pretty sure disabling ESP completely is a stock feature for all SRT8s.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I just thought it was stupid to have to pop the button out to do the key trick instead of just pushing the ignition button and didn't want anyone to push the button and expect anything to happen. I know if you hold the ESP button for 10 sec if you have STP it disables it.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I just thought it was stupid to have to pop the button out to do the key trick instead of just pushing the ignition button and didn't want anyone to push the button and expect anything to happen. I know if you hold the ESP button for 10 sec if you have STP it disables it.
Yeah, Dodge should have given all models the ability to turn esp fully off with only the button..I just wish I had the problem of popping the button out to do the key trick, I dont have push button start :( lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts