Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2012 R/T : In my Evic my Key Fob reads low battery what should be done about this anyone here know? thanks!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I thought I read some where on this forum a way to recharge the battery with the key fob..

If I change the battery do I need to reprogram the Fob?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think there is a way to recharge it. My 2010 remote uses a standard disposable CR2032 flat round battery.

No you won't have to reprogram the fob after you change the battery. Just pop the remote open, swap the battery and you're good to go.

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
265 Posts
Its very simple to change.The battery is a CR2032 battery you can buy anywhere ...CVS Walgreens,Wallmart,etc.
Or you can get one at your dealer who will put it in for free.The OEM part number is 5066241AB and sells for 3.70
As long as the Fobik is not totally stone dead you will not have to reprogram it.If it has been dead for a while it will have to be reprogrammed.
To change it out ,simply pull out the emergency key,use the tip and insert into the small hole next to where the key slides in and pry open the two halves of the fobik.Be carefull not to drop the pieces,the battery is on the circuit board and held in by a metal spring type of contact.Note the direction (up/down-positive/negative)SLIDE the battery out from the open side of the contact and slide the new one in the same way.Snap the two halves together carefully and check for correct operation...and your done...:smoker: piece of cake...

Hope this helps.Happy driving !!!!

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
I don't think there is a way to recharge it. My 2010 remote uses a standard disposable CR2032 flat round battery.

No you won't have to reprogram the fob after you change the battery. Just pop the remote open, swap the battery and you're good to go.
I changed my battery and did not have to reprogram my FOB

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all !!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Did not sell yet only been on the market for 2 going on 3 weeks, anyone wants to buy it for reasonable price i'm here! I'm actually on pins and needles and hope i don't regret selling it!

Now my evic is not reading anything at this moment, weird!

·
Super Moderator
15,522 Posts
Here are the five easy steps to replace your key fob battery:

1. Slide the button and remove the metal "emergency
key."

2. Use the blade of the key (or small flat screwdriver blade) at that end to carefully pry the two fob halves apart (they have snap tabs) by working around the both sides to separate top and bottom halves. (Note- There are no loose parts to worry about).

3. Remove the old battery and replace it with a single disc battery- IIRC a CR2032 (or equiv.). Note: Hold the battery around the edge to avoid contamination.

4. Line the cover back up and snap the perimeters all around.

5. Re-insert the blade key until it clicks back into place. You're done!

(Note: Re-programming is not necessary).

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
how long do the batteries last on average?....year....2 years?

just curious

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm hearing 2 years but i only have 6k miles on my car and my keyfob is way and far away from my car which i keep in the garage.. my car will be 3 years this come October...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts