Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here in TX, I had this issue in the hottest of summer days. A fix was done a while back and it seemed to help. Now as we get into winter, I am having the same issue.

KNF when go to start. Press it again, starts fine.
Oddly, I get KNF sometimes when I turn it off too. Seems to be happening on regular basis now. Have not had to pop the button out & use the fob but I think that day is coming soon.

Anyone else having trouble in the cold?

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Did you try replacing your keyfob battery?

Also I had a few keyfob not found errors when I was carrying the keyfob in the same pocket I had my HTC cell phone in. I think the large sheet of sheet metal of the phone was shielding the keyfob at times.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Battery

So here in TX, I had this issue in the hottest of summer days. A fix was done a while back and it seemed to help. Now as we get into winter, I am having the same issue.

Oddly, I get KNF sometimes when I turn it off too. Seems to be happening on regular basis now. Have not had to pop the button out & use the fob but I think that day is coming soon.

Replace the Battery

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just took my '10 SRT8 in for service today and they said there was an "RRT" on my car that required flashing a software upgrade. I asked the tech what it was for and he said "Key Fobs." For what its worth.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after replacing it with a new battery, the problem persists in relatively warm weather. Guess I am going to need to take it in.

I hate taking my car and leaving it in the dealers hands. :worried:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My fob is damaged. A new battery did not correct and I eventually got a Key fob damaged message one day. Other one is fine. Will have to get dealer to swap it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Oddly, I get KNF sometimes when I turn it off too. Seems to be happening on regular hid bulbs basis now. Have not had to pop the button out & use the fob but I think that day is coming soon.

Straight from the top of my head I think changing your battery will ultimately fix the problem, period. If not then I really don't know what the problem is. I hope it gets fixed

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I had the same issue. oddly enough it was the fob I never use. Anyway 2 visits to the dealer, a new fob & software flash all works fine now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had my SRT for a week now and I had this happen this morning for the first time. Each time I pressed the start button I got KNF. I then pressed the unlock button on my FOB and then it started right up.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had my SRT for a week now and I had this happen this morning for the first time. Each time I pressed the start button I got KNF. I then pressed the unlock button on my FOB and then it started right up.
That would work sometimes too for me but may have been coincidence. The one fob is definitely damaged. The other has not had any problems since using it which logically says the problem is the fob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts