Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Challenger SXT plus and last night the Vehicle security alarm went off when I tried to open the door (keyless entry did not work so had to open the door using key) and to stop it I inserted the keyfob (push start did not work) to start the engine and now the keyfob is stuck and none of the buttons inside the car work. I have to disconnect the battery to stop the alarm. The battery is in good health though (checked at NAPA).
Anybody else ran into such issue ?Any recommendations?
Appreciate your help. Regards

·
Registered
127 Posts
Damn just had my key fob go....

Basicly same thing happened to my 2011 sxt...
If you know the battery is good...and the key fob wont stop alarm...its fked....

I got a hard key...

Yes there absalutly is a key hole an actual key hole....

they make keys that are not remote..I got one for 80$
Will never break it has no batteries...

Will never leave you stranded...

I now just lock the passenger door from inside and lock the door with my new key... unlock it with the key....

I do have a new key fob that I bought before I heard about this solid key...so I'll use that in case I ever lose the new one...

I never knew there was an actual key hole I thought there wasnt...

Here is a pic of the new key...

I will never use a key fob again...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can not use a key to insert into Ignition module I have to use the whole fob. BTW my are factory owned never been replaced. So not sure what is causing it. Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to insert the whole keyfob into it and now it is locked and can't get it out and the Security alarm won't go off. NAPA said the battery health is good after a 3hrs charging. Not sure what is causing the Security alarm go off and the keyfob is stuck in Ignition.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have to insert the whole keyfob into it and now it is locked and can't get it out and the Security alarm won't go off. NAPA said the battery health is good after a 3hrs charging. Not sure what is causing the Security alarm go off and the keyfob is stuck in Ignition.
Get a auto locksmith to come to you...its what I had to do...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts