Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I think I'm a tard but I can't get the drivers side door to lock and unlock, the passenger side will work. It worked fine this morning, I did do some cleaning of the inside and when I got finished..shut the door it would not lock with the button or open when locked!

It locks and unlocks with the FOB just fine.

FOB is in my pocket the whole time!

Any ideas what I did?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Here's what it says about unlock on exit
Automatic Unlock Doors on Exit​
The doors will unlock automatically if:
1. The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature is enabled
2. The transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed
returned to 0 mph (0 km/h)
3. The transmission is in NEUTRAL or PARK
4. The driver door is opened
5. The doors were not previously unlocked
6. The vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h)​
Automatic Unlock Doors on Exit Programming​
The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature can be
enabled or disabled. Refer to “Electronic Vehicle Information
Center (EVIC)/Personal Settings (Customer-
Programmable Features)” in “Understanding Your Instrument
Panel” for further information.​
•​
When not using the EVIC, perform the following
steps:
1. Enter the vehicle and close all doors.
2. Place the Key Fob in the ignition switch.
3. Within 15 seconds, cycle the ignition switch between
OFF and ON/RUN and then back to OFF four times
ending up in the LOCK position.
However, do not start
the engine.

2​
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE 31

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went out and checked the EVIC and keyless entry is on. When I exit the car the doors unlock but I can't lock the door with the button on the handle, I can lock it with the FOB but can't unlock it when I put my fingers under the handle!

·
Registered
105 Posts
it won't lock if it thinks the fob is in the car. i think a trip back to the dealer is in order. the battery in my fob died only three weeks after i got it so i already made my first trip back.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
My fob just died last week and refuses to do anything. The car says it is damaged so no remote anything but I can unlock the car with the key and start it with the fob plugged in.

I went to my backup fob which lasted for 2 days (and a total of 3 uses) and then proceeded to die also.

My dealership says they can't help me yet but the parts on backorder (so far 1 week, no eta, no other attempt to assist). So far I'm just happy to drive again, but before long I'm going to get grumpy!

Anyways I don't think its you, probably an issue with the Wireless Ignition Module or the fob. The only feature that would make sense might be unlocking the drivers side only first...cause the car needs a driver...but passenger side only???

·
Registered
196 Posts
did you replace the battery in your fob's. mine died and i just changed the battery and it was fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, went out this morning to go to work and the keyless entry still would not work.. But when I got to work and tried to lock it with the button on the handle .. It worked and I could unlock like normal!

So all seems well and good.
Thanks to all that chimed in :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
glad to help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts