Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 Dodge Challenger SRT8 with keyless go, which stopped working and I'm not going to fix it... My guestion is, If I no longer use it, and just use the standard key in slot, If I needed a new key, do I need to get one capible of the keyless go, or can I just use the regular key for 1/3 price ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, when I bought my (used) Challenger last month it came with only one 4-button FOB (lock, unlock, panic, trunk). It has the Keyless Go feature so I'm sure it originally (in 2012) came with the proper FOBs, but somewhere during that time and all the owners in between (I am the 5th real owner, sigh) they were lost. I was stuck with one remote that doesn't support Keyless Go. I bought another (inexpensive OEM model) FOB that is not Keyless Go. The locksmith programmed it just fine. They both work just fine.

He showed me which FOB I need to enable Keyless Go. You need a FOB with this board in it to make Keyless Go functional. (The square chip with the white label is what does the deed.)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like I can use a basic functioning key that's great. I've had several intermittent problems with push button start, got tired of popping it out lol
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad I could help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts