Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've come across several YouTube videos where vehicle owners are allowing their kids (as young as 4 years old) to sit alone in a running Hellcat, and other modded vehicles, while the kid revs the engine to show off the exhaust tone or just plain draw attention.

I think this is lunacy. Even with the e-brake engaged, the possibility of a car shift lever getting knocked into drive or reverse is just too great a risk, especially in a crowded area with hundreds of people, even other children, in attendance.

Sometimes, there are two or more kids in the car alone, multiplying the chance of a mishap.
Mostly, this is for the sake of daddy shooting some video of Baby Dumpling or Pugsley playing like big people.

On the videos, it's almost impossible to identify the fool in charge, as he is usually the one running the camera and shouting "louder honey, louder".

Any chance I ever get to see something like this in person I'll surely look for a cop. These are sad stories, waiting to happen. :mah:

·
Super Moderator
13,867 Posts
Anyone who does this is totally irresponsible. They have little concern for their kids, other car owners, or their own car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
You have to have a license to drive a car, but to have kids...

A Guy

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sadly, it is the new culture. I cannot tell you how many lunatic moves that I see each week that are always prefaced with, "THIS IS GOING ON FACEBOOK!!!!"

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, now if the cops could use Facebook to prosecute the dumb a$$ parents or better yet, take their kids away. Now if you have a kid who is 12 or 13 that is one thing but 4 or 5 is just plain stupid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts