Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Challenger RT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed the kilduff shifter that came in. Sadly gonna have to pull it out and grind a few things. Fitment is all over the place, not a drop and play. I’ll be decent and say, certain things you expect when paying a certain price
Hood Laptop Computer Bumper Automotive exterior
Hood Bumper Automotive design Gadget Vehicle door
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Liquid Automotive design
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Challenger RT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d often wondered if there was a custom shifter available for my ‘18. I’d never heard of these.
Interesting.
I stumbled across them online and took a chance. Too be honest I expected more then a modified stock shifter.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
175 Posts
Looks kind of cool, gotta admit though not having any type of "crumb catcher" in the gates would kind of annoy me.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,412 Posts
I've been eyeing the Kilduff for a couple of years now, but have never seen one in person...

How tall is the +/- shifter; how large is that knob on it?

I'm a bit surprised at hearing your fitment wasn't spot-on. I had heard it was a quality product. What did you have to grind?

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Challenger RT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been eyeing the Kilduff for a couple of years now, but have never seen one in person...

How tall is the +/- shifter; how large is that knob on it?

I'm a bit surprised at hearing your fitment wasn't spot-on. I had heard it was a quality product. What did you have to grind?
It’s pretty tall, if you were to lay your arm flat on the council it’s a few inches above that. I have to pull it out and trim a bracket on the inside about 1/4” so the console plate lays flat enough for the trim ring to snap in. You can see it in the pictures, it’s way off. It’s not a manufactured unit, it’s a Modified stock set up.

Looks kind of cool, gotta admit though not having any type of "crumb catcher" in the gates would kind of annoy me.
Yea gonna have to find a way to add a grommet or gasket

·
Registered
2011 Challenger RT Classic
61 Posts
I have a Kilduff in my Monte Carlo with a TH350 trans. Love it. Works great. Looks cool. Not cheap. Sturdy as Hell and I beat on it. I painted the rods black and wiped the flat with solvent so the letters stand out.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Challenger RT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kicking around going back factory, possible sell/trade for hurst kit

·
Registered
2011 Challenger RT Classic
61 Posts
Kicking around going back factory, possible sell/trade for hurst kit
I contemplated the Kilduff & Hurst Kit but instead put on a Speed Dawg Knob and have been real happy with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wanted one so bad, ordered it just before I even took delivery on the car.
The idea behind it is cool, I wasn't happy with the execution. Its a cut up stock shifter.. Mechanically there is no reverse lockout, no positive gear selection clicks from prnd and there was no override to shift it into neutral if you lost power. Construction wise it seemed put together a bit sloppy. I ended up sending it back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts