Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the digital speedometer to get the km/h (located in Sweden) but since that function is in the hidden EVIC menu I lose the the ability of using the steering wheel buttons for changing songs etc. Since they have the Challenger in Canada as well, with the correct gauges I wonder if anyone knows where I can get the material to change mine? Can I just switch the plates in the gauges or is it more complex than that?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Any Canadian Challenger drivers who can shred some light on this maybe?

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
The gauges here in the US have both MPH and KPH on the same speedo, doesn't yours have the same? Is there a legal requirement that yours fails to meet or do you just find the KPH hard to read on the analog speedo?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I thought you could go into the computer and change the "country"..... change it from "US" to "Canada" and that might solve your problem.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No, I have the metrics in everything else, but as in Canada I would like the outer ring to show km/h instead of mph as I find it kinda hard to read. (Maybe need glasses, haha) I have the digital speedometer activated from the hidden EVIC menu, but as stated in my first post I lose the function of the steering wheel buttons.

So does anyone know if I need to replace the whole thing or if I can replace just the faceplates? It's a 2009 SRT-8.

·
Registered
828 Posts
No, I have the metrics in everything else, but as in Canada I would like the outer ring to show km/h instead of mph as I find it kinda hard to read. (Maybe need glasses, haha) I have the digital speedometer activated from the hidden EVIC menu, but as stated in my first post I lose the function of the steering wheel buttons.

So does anyone know if I need to replace the whole thing or if I can replace just the faceplates? It's a 2009 SRT-8.
Oh I see now, you want the opposite of what comes standard MPH (large) and KMH (small).... you want the KMH to be the large main numbers... got it!!! I don't know why you couldn't have someone like US Speedo or Black Cat Custom make you a custom gauge overlay like that.... I know some other members on here have done custom gauges with fancy numbers/letters.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yesterday on test drove two Challengers with different speedos. One was stock R/T with the miles on the outer ring and km on the inner ring, really hard to see 120km as its just too small. My eyes are 20/20 by the way :)

Then I test drove a SRT8 that had a factory speedo with KM in the outer ring and miles in the inner ring. Super easy to read!! I'm looking for one in Switzerland and whilst the M/km is legal the KM/m one is so much better. Apparently the SRT8 I was looking had "origins" in Italy, maybe they did a special order and got it shipped there.

If you find out how to buy the speedo in KM from Dodge and how to fit it please let me know as I think I'll be needing this mod in the future as I'm unfortunately not buying that SRT8.

Cheers

·
Registered
353 Posts

Im sure you can get what you want. Its just an overlay as far as I know.

Check with mopar supercenter they might know more than we do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts