Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll need tires soon. I'm running the factory provided 275/40 x 20 tires on all four corners. They are mounted on the factory 9.5" rims. Pic below. I'd like to start running 305/35 x 20 or 315/35 x 20 on the rear, but not if I have to buy 4 new rims. My preference would be to buy new rims for the rear only. So, I'm wondering if anyone makes a "knock-off" rim, in a wider width, to match the wheels I have.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,753 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Need some help too with a HellCat Wheel/Tire.
I have a 2016 Challenger HellCat with the stock wheels/tire combination.
I bought as a set the VOXX Demon 9.0 wheel [stock wheel is 9.5] and new Continental Performance tires.
The steering wheel shakes/shimmy's @ 70-80mph. [ not a break rotor issue ]
Had the set re Road Forced balanced with numbers at 14-15.
Still shimmy, also tried rotating and different tire pressures.
I put the stock set back on the car and the car is as smooth as glass.
Will going from a 9.5 wheel to a 9.0 wheel affect the car?
If so, will going from a 9.5 wheel to a 10.0 wheel be ok with the same Conti tire as far as any clearance issues?o_O

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,158 Posts
Did your VOXX wheels come with hub centering rings?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
According to the vender, my hubs and the VOXX are with in specs to work together.
I’d probably rely less on the vendor’s input and actually research it myself. If you still have the boxes, the bore center dimensions are probably on the boxes.

Better yet.....measure the bore centers yourself with a micrometer and then measure the hubs. You may be surprised at what you find.....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,753 Posts
Voxx Demon wheels are hub centric 71.60mm

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Good advise all, I for got to mention [sorry] I also install new Demon Performance rotors.
But still, when I install my factory wheels and tires, it is a perfect ride.

What would the hub measurement be on the car?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,753 Posts
Some places say 71.5, others 71.6, you're good on that

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
well I checked all of the measurements with both sets of wheels and the cars hubs and all appears to be in speck.
Would going from a 9.5 wide wheel to a 9.0 wide wheel affect the cars alignment?
Does the car just hate 9.0 wide wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Reactions: A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Lugs are the ones that they [vender supplied ]
They sent the longer set first [ I did not try them because they stick way out when installed ]
So the vender sent me the shorter set that I am using now on the Demon wheels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well those lug nuts should work fine. I have the those long ones on my back as i put long studs on and Gorilla nuts on the front. I have had no issues with my Voxx Demons and I have 10.5 on back and 9 on the front. Are you sure it is not the tire or the balance? I know you said you had them road force balanced. Mine aren't even road force balanced. you might try a different shop. Is there a lot of weight on the rim to balance them? Might try adding one rim at a time to try a determine if it is just one causing the issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts