Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had some discussions on this site about the likelyhood of production and I think plenty of news has come out and sufficient buzz has been created... I no longer have a doubt in my mind as to the "production" status of the Challenger.

Who else feels the same way and how did you feel 2 weeks ago? Has all the news and buzz changed your mind?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Two weeks ago I had hope. Now after seeing all the Mags and news spots on the car. I have no doubt about production. Now all I feel is anticipation.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I never had any doubt whatsoever, but just hoped that the 'Challenger' remained 'true to concept'...and it looks like it has so far. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
I never had any doubt whatsoever, but just hoped that the 'Challenger' remained 'true to concept'...and it looks like it has so far. :)
Yeah ‘cause if Dodge pulls another bait and switch I’ll …. Buy a Ford.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a strong suspicion it'd be built a few weeks ago. Oddly enough one of the reasons was the volume of complaints about the Charger having 4 doors. Even the design team member references those comments in the video.

Now that people at the dealership I bought my 300C at are talking about it, I'm in the 95%tile that it'll be built. Only some kind of assinine intereference from Europe would prevent this car going into production.

I'm glad I've got my 'C to entertain me until this puppy comes out. (And NO, I will not be trading the 'C.)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm 95% sure it will be produced. But then I was 90% sure when I first saw the spy photos. Unlike most concepts, they already had a working car out for testing and development. That suggested to me they intended to produce the Challenger.

So while there is no guarantee, since they will have the LY platform anyway for the 300, Magnum and Charger, I can't see why they wouldn't produce this car.

The question is not will it sell? Initially, there will be a stampede. The question is, will it sell for 5-7 years and will there be a redesign that sells as well? Not current Mustang sales volumes, as that occured with no competition from the Challenger and Camaro (which is fabulous IMHO). That is the question.

But they will build it. And it should sell very strongly for 2 or 3 years. After that, I cannot say.

It really is an AWESOME looking car!!! I feel like someone is going to pinch me, I'll wake up and find a Dodge Omni instead. In my wildest, wildest dreams I never thought I would have a chace to own a beautiful, muscular looking pony car in my lifetime. I thought the concept was dead and buried along with the Toyota-inspired Mustangs of the '90s.

This is shaping up to be a great decade. Or should I say, Millenium?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A car like that where it shares a large percentage of the platform with other vehicles doesnt need to sell tons of units to be profitable. I think DCX could get away with selling 20,000 units/year and still make good money.

I dont see selling 20k units/year to be a problem, but I base that off pure speculation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After the Motor Trend cover and all the buzz from the shows I'm about 99%. I just hope they don't change a thing. The "prototype" drawing that M/T ran a few months (that yellow-green 4 door POS) really had me sick thinking DC would shame the Challenger name yet again {remember the last thing with the "Challenger" name}But now, its like a whole new world ! I can't wait

·
Registered
1 Posts
It can only be hoped that DC stays true to the prototype, not like Ford with the Mustang. The new Mustang was strictly a cost cutting, cheapening excercise by Ford to make the Mustang profitable or more profitable. They were quite clear about that when the redesign started. Move production to a Japanese (Mazda) factory, share components with the Mazda6, LincolnLS, and the Thunderbird. The new Mustang could have been a 4 door since it was based on a 4 door chassis. That's what happens when you don't have any competition!
The new Challenger will be a VERY formidable competitor to the Mustang if DC makes the package right! If DC does the right thing by the Challenger it could become a MUCH higher production car than they realize. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
My Hemi Magnum should be paid off and will keep me satisfied until this comes out. I used to be a GM guy but dodge won me over.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I never doubted it, to be honest. This has been waiting to happen for 32 years. :D It would take an act of total stupidity to not produce this car... and I have more faith in DCX than that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts