Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Folks.
I've gotten some conflicting info on this so I thought I'd check with you guys. Is there a Koni shock available for the 2014 Challenger?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,033 Posts
A quick check of RockAuto does not show any Koni shocks to be available for '14 LXs, but that doesn't mean Koni does not make one that will fit. I would tend to think it does mean they probably do not make one for it, but in the absence of more detailed info straight from the Koni folks, I would hesitate to say with any certainty that they do not.

Your best source of info is going to be the business itself. Hit up the Koni folks on whatever customer service vector they have available and ask them straight up if they have shocks/struts for the '14 LXs. They would be the best authority on the availability of their own product line.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a peak at their catalog, and it only shows fitment up to 2010. So I guess they never updated them after the 2011 redesign. Bummer. They were likely overall the best shock available for our cars.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Well just between you, me, and the lamp post, a 2010 shock absorber will bolt up to a 2014 car...but that's the shocks. I'm guessing you probably want the struts as well (shocks for the front). And unfortunately that design did change slightly after 2010 from what I understand. So while you could theoretically get some new rear shocks, you wouldn't be able to upgrade/replace the front struts when doing so.

Nevertheless, when it comes to upgrading the suspension on these cars, I would recommend Bilstein as the shock/strut to go with. I put a set of those on my last Challenger (a 2011 SE), and man those puppies were the bee's knees!! I guess that's why they put them on the SRTs from the factory, they are certainly an upgrade from what comes on the other trim levels IMHO.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well just between you, me, and the lamp post, a 2010 shock absorber will bolt up to a 2014 car...but that's the shocks. I'm guessing you probably want the struts as well (shocks for the front). And unfortunately that design did change slightly after 2010 from what I understand. So while you could theoretically get some new rear shocks, you wouldn't be able to upgrade/replace the front struts when doing so.

Nevertheless, when it comes to upgrading the suspension on these cars, I would recommend Bilstein as the shock/strut to go with. I put a set of those on my last Challenger (a 2011 SE), and man those puppies were the bee's knees!! I guess that's why they put them on the SRTs from the factory, they are certainly an upgrade from what comes on the other trim levels IMHO.
Yeah, I should have said Struts and Shocks, but I was being lazy, and I figured the educated crew around these parts would know what I was talking about anyway. :)

What kind of changes did you notice on the Billsteins? My challenge (Ahem) is that my Challenger is by daily driver, which I drive a lot for business, so I don't want to get beat up too badly.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Yeah, I should have said Struts and Shocks, but I was being lazy, and I figured the educated crew around these parts would know what I was talking about anyway. :)

What kind of changes did you notice on the Billsteins? My challenge (Ahem) is that my Challenger is by daily driver, which I drive a lot for business, so I don't want to get beat up too badly.
Well I had the crappy "Touring" suspension on that Challenger when I replaced the shocks/struts and springs with the Bilsteins and springs from an SRT, so there was really nowhere to go but up in terms of ride quality. Even still, the Bilsteins were much more predictable and less prone to tossing me around when I was really driving like an idiot. Firmer for sure, but not uncomfortably so...really for the better in all respects.

That car was also a daily driver, and I had no complaints about how the ride changed afterward. The replacement parts beat the factory shocks/struts(Monroe or something crappy I would imagine?) in every category that I cared about.

(BTW, in case anyone has ever wondered what is meant by "Touring Suspension", I did some research and found out. Apparently it is French for "Eff YOU, you stupid American!" Either that or it's an olde English slang phrase for 'Enjoy the crappy ride, you dill-weed!' Take your pic... )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts