Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once again ya’ll I’m a noob. I know nothing except how to google and watch YouTube videos lmao...I want kooks LONG TUBE headers for my challenger as well as HIGH FLOW CATS..I’ve read the 1-7/8 is the best size for 5.7...but I’m not 100% sure if that is correct...could anyone help me with the model or link to the exact headers and cats I need so NO CEL light is thrown? If possible?...and if I need any hardware or anything..I read u have to get it coated???? Is this true I have no idea...My mind is boggled I just want to buy it and pay someone to install it lol but I need to know everything I need to buy...and I also want to make sure if it NEEDS to be coated..so I can make sure it’s installed properly...u know what I’m sayin?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Once again ya’ll I’m a noob. I know nothing except how to google and watch YouTube videos lmao...I want kooks LONG TUBE headers for my challenger as well as HIGH FLOW CATS..I’ve read the 1-7/8 is the best size for 5.7...but I’m not 100% sure if that is correct...could anyone help me with the model or link to the exact headers and cats I need so NO CEL light is thrown? If possible?...and if I need any hardware or anything..I read u have to get it coated???? Is this true I have no idea...My mind is boggled I just want to buy it and pay someone to install it lol but I need to know everything I need to buy...and I also want to make sure if it NEEDS to be coated..so I can make sure it’s installed properly...u know what I’m sayin?
Definitely doesn't need to be coated. The CEL can be turned off, it's passing emissions that is sometimes tricky. However the Kooks "Green" Cats are emissions compliant. Headers should come with all hardware you need but most guys use the Mopar manifold gaskets for the 6.1/6.4 hemis. 1⅞ is the best size for most people yes, 2" only for cars planning on high boost.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Also don't forget you will need a tune 100%. So factor in an unlocked PCM and programmer and custom tune. Anything more than $1000 for install labor is insane imo. $600-800 is a good price for labor.

Reactions: ogamus

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
You are in California, correct? Long tube headers won't pass smog. A new car purchased in California has 8 years before requires a smog check, so you have 8 years to play if you go this route

A Guy

Reactions: ogamus and JD40

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
  • Also don't forget you will need a tune 100%. So factor in an unlocked PCM and programmer and custom tune. Anything more than $1000 for install labor is insane imo. $600-800 is a good price for labor.
  • You are in California, correct? Long tube headers won't pass smog. A new car purchased in California has 8 years before requires a smog check, so you have 8 years to play if you go this route

A Guy
    copy...since this is the case I mine as well get catless mid pipes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts