Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a set of Kooks LT 1 7/8" and Green Cat pipes from Steve White. Trying to plan install in my head here. I am an automotive technician by trade for the last 18 years so the neccesary tools and access to lift is no problem. I however do not have any experience with this particular job and there is no real good how to on getting this done and the information is kind of all over the place as far as what to remove and what not to remove. Also I see that people are getting the factory gaskets and throwing away the kooks ones which i understand, but then also I am seeing people stating to get 6.1 manifold bolts. Are these different from the 6.4 bolts. I understand the supplied grade 8 fasteners from Kooks might be a pain in the ass just confused why the 6.1 bolts over the factory 6.4 bolts. Also I sent hemifever off an e-mail on a tune but I see a lot of people on here are using Johan for custom tune. Thoughts on this or is it just preference? Any and all insight into people who have done this install is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
x2 in regards to the OP’s questions....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did the install today. Took about 6 hours on a lift at my work. I removed the steering shaft, starter, Both motor mounts and motor mount arms, the top bolts were still a royal PITA, but its all done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I did the install today. Took about 6 hours on a lift at my work. I removed the steering shaft, starter, Both motor mounts and motor mount arms, the top bolts were still a royal PITA, but its all done.
Did you have to do anything about the O2 sensors? What bolts did you use? What gasket did you use?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,866 Posts
Did you have to do anything about the O2 sensors? What bolts did you use? What gasket did you use?
The catted kits usually come with extended O2 sensor connectors. For bolts most recommend stage 8 but I went with the bolts that came with my stainless works kit and have had zero issues. The OEM gaskets are great, however the stock 5.7 has an integrated heatshield that may cause some fitment issues with certain headers. Do a search, plenty of info on the forum about headers, gaskets and studs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts