Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so these wont throw codes? any extenders needed?or do the o2 sensers mount right in the pipes.what do they claim the gain will be.
no extenders needed i have the long tube headers and there high flo cats for last year and a half the car needed an inspection back in november i had the CEL off until then it came down to the rear senser the they came out with new ones with the same gain and said they should solve the CEL problem i put them on now i have to put some miles on to find out if its true

· Registered
152 Posts
I also have the Kook's long tubes with highflow cats on my R/T with Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust. I Still have my engine light on as well. Here was my thread

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...interesting-trouble-code-your-thoughts-52019/

To sum it up though the only conclusion I could come to was that I need to get a tune and the catted spacers. Before I do anymore though I am trying to ditch the cats to get more sound. So to get a tune before that would be a waste and well using the catted spacers before even that well you get the idea lol.

· Banned
2,362 Posts
I don't want to hijack your tread and don't want to say anything bad about kooks but have you thought about solo's new hf cats. I and a few other members have them and we have no cel trouble. I am the first tester and have almost 1000 miles on mine and the first set I tested had over 2000 miles on them with no trouble. It's just a thought I'm just trying to help.

· Banned
262 Posts
I don't want to hijack your tread and don't want to say anything bad about kooks but have you thought about solo's new hf cats. I and a few other members have them and we have no cel trouble. I am the first tester and have almost 1000 miles on mine and the first set I tested had over 2000 miles on them with no trouble. It's just a thought I'm just trying to help.
The solo's wont fit long tube headers.The location of the cats on long tubes are a lot further down compared to shorties,being located so far from the stock location alters the temperature and flow of the exhaust tripping all kinds of 02 sensor codes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.