Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally a new set of high flo cats from kooks arrived today been waiting 6 months for them they say these should solve my CEL problems time will tell

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
so these wont throw codes? any extenders needed?or do the o2 sensers mount right in the pipes.what do they claim the gain will be.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so these wont throw codes? any extenders needed?or do the o2 sensers mount right in the pipes.what do they claim the gain will be.
no extenders needed i have the long tube headers and there high flo cats for last year and a half the car needed an inspection back in november i had the CEL off until then it came down to the rear senser the they came out with new ones with the same gain and said they should solve the CEL problem i put them on now i have to put some miles on to find out if its true

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
i have the new solo hf cats with the stock headers and i have no cel lights yet either. my stock o2 sensers are in the pipe to. so far so good

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the new cats didn't work threw codes P0420 P0430 then i tried them with 02 extenders with steel wool then threw codes P2098 P0153 P2271 man i just don't know what to do

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
When you first installed them did
You let the car adjust to the
New flow and take it
Slow for the 50 to 100 miles or did you get on it right
Out of the box
To see what they could do

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you first installed them did
You let the car adjust to the
New flow and take it
Slow for the 50 to 100 miles or did you get on it right
Out of the box
To see what they could do
no i drove the it the speed limit every time just tried it with out the steel wool no luck threw codes P2098 P2271 this time

·
Registered
535 Posts
Have you talked to the guys at Kooks? They're usually really friendly and have an extremely knowledgeable staff... just a thought to see if they've got any ideas-couldn't hurt right?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also have the Kook's long tubes with highflow cats on my R/T with Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust. I Still have my engine light on as well. Here was my thread

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/o2-spacers-then-interesting-trouble-code-your-thoughts-52019/

To sum it up though the only conclusion I could come to was that I need to get a tune and the catted spacers. Before I do anymore though I am trying to ditch the cats to get more sound. So to get a tune before that would be a waste and well using the catted spacers before even that well you get the idea lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i will be talking to chris or george monday morning to see what they have to say this time these set of cats were suppose to work i didn't mine paying again if they worked

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I don't want to hijack your tread and don't want to say anything bad about kooks but have you thought about solo's new hf cats. I and a few other members have them and we have no cel trouble. I am the first tester and have almost 1000 miles on mine and the first set I tested had over 2000 miles on them with no trouble. It's just a thought I'm just trying to help.

·
Banned
262 Posts
I don't want to hijack your tread and don't want to say anything bad about kooks but have you thought about solo's new hf cats. I and a few other members have them and we have no cel trouble. I am the first tester and have almost 1000 miles on mine and the first set I tested had over 2000 miles on them with no trouble. It's just a thought I'm just trying to help.
The solo's wont fit long tube headers.The location of the cats on long tubes are a lot further down compared to shorties,being located so far from the stock location alters the temperature and flow of the exhaust tripping all kinds of 02 sensor codes.

·
Banned
903 Posts
Hey Scott,
Not tryingto burst your bubble but there was another thread on here about using those 02 simulator mini cats and they didn't work for several people, I think they did for one.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
They might work on the Charger, K. Scott's got an '06 and the pre-'08 ECM's seem to be a bit more forgiving.

HemiSam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts