Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frederick has come up with a special build of Kowalski edition SRT8's limited to a build of 10. Any thoughts if this is a good idea as an investment or cool car? Suppose to be unique as it is Bright White, same color spoiler, stripe delete, no sunroof, maybe the nav will have Super Soul's voice and some dealer adds to make it unique. Supposedly one cannot get an SRT with the painted spoiler in Bright White with the Dark Slate interior. The Inaugeral Edition supposedly has white interior with interior and exterior stripes and is the only way to get Bright White. The VIN and VON correspond with the build number also? What do you think?

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I am super tempted on pulling the trigger on this version. I figure it was a bit of a sign since my wife's grandfather worked on the original movie.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Cool! Better pull the trigger quick because I bet they sell like fast!

·
Registered
396 Posts
They need a 2012 remake with the new IE SRT
not the cheesy made for TV in the 90's :ack:
but leave the stripes on the car

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I would bet they are 15K over sticker for such a rare car. If your lucky enough to have a opportunity to buy one pull the trigger.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
15K over sticker better = a blower like in the movie
There's no blower in the movie. One of the dispatchers said the car may be supercharged, but no blower was ever shown.

·
Registered
396 Posts
There's no blower in the movie. One of the dispatchers said the car may be supercharged, but no blower was ever shown.
Watch the trailer , the announcer states a supercharged challenger
so that's the premise.
Anyway 15K over = a blower in my book.
unless someone can tell me what you're getting worth 15K
& stripe delete doesn't count :notallthere:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob Frederick has never charged me over sticker on any of the Challenger's I have purchased. In fact, he has always afforded me every incentive available. I have special ordered them and still got the discounts. I just got my VON and VIN yesterday from him for the Kowalski edition but just wondering what everyone thinks of this build he has managed to get Dodge to build 10 of.
The questions are this:
Is Bright White available outside of the Inaugeral Edition?
Is the painted rear spoiler considered special for the SRT?
The Order sheet reflects the VON as my build number (10)
The VIN also has my build number in it (10)
it is stripe delete and no sunroof
It will be badged and numbered at the dealer

I am concerned as to whether or not this would be considered as a Dodge built 1 of 10 or just another "dealer" optioned car in spite of the special changes and build/VIN that Dodge is providing. I am obviously eyeing this as a potential collectible but the difference is whether or not one would consider the 10 built as a manufacturer or dealer set up.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Bob Frederick has never charged me over sticker on any of the Challenger's I have purchased. In fact, he has always afforded me every incentive available. I have special ordered them and still got the discounts. I just got my VON and VIN yesterday from him for the Kowalski edition but just wondering what everyone thinks of this build he has managed to get Dodge to build 10 of.
The questions are this:

I am concerned as to whether or not this would be considered as a Dodge built 1 of 10 or just another "dealer" optioned car in spite of the special changes and build/VIN that Dodge is providing. I am obviously eyeing this as a potential collectible but the difference is whether or not one would consider the 10 built as a manufacturer or dealer set up.

Thanks!
I would see them on the same level as a Yenko Chevrolet, Shelby Ford, or Royal Pontiac GTO. The dealer obliged by only manufacturing 10 white Challengers specificially as Bob spec'd out. That's rarity in itself.

Call it a combination manufacturer/dealer special edition.

Desirable and bound to appreciate in price.

Isn't Barry Newman (Kowalski) suppose to sign these?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The questions are this:

Thanks!
Are you able to specifically list ALL of the things which maked this car a "Kowalski Edition"? For some reason I am still not clear on what is exactly different about this car other than it being a non-striped IE with possibly different seats?

And what is the additional cost (if any) for this version of the car?

JFF:D

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would see them on the same level as a Yenko Chevrolet, Shelby Ford
Those cars had serious performance enhancements
someone mentioned an additonal 15K for what sounds
like a cosmetics package . 65K cars need a bit more

Stripe delete , non sunroof , non white interior should be
cheaper than the IE if anything

This is Kent Brockman with my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Baldwin/Motion

Those cars had serious performance enhancements
someone mentioned an additonal 15K for what sounds
like a cosmetics package . 65K cars need a bit more

Stripe delete , non sunroof , non white interior should be
cheaper than the IE if anything

This is Kent Brockman with my 2 cents
Not all of them were that different from stock. Baldwin/Motion had a level 1 which was basically decals and an Edelbrock intake w/headers. Level III was heavily modded.

Yenko the same. I hated the Yenko decals. Still do.

The Shelby rental car Mustang was gutless. Use to spank them with my stock 440 '68 Charger.

The deal being these dealers (including Shelby) took stock units and created their own special editions. Some fast. Some not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I understand is the Bright White is an IE only color and these 10 Kowalski cars are not IE's

The rear spoiler is painted as are the IE's but not standard SRT's

There are items being done at the dealer level such as badging

The order number starts with BH unlike others, not sure of the significance of that.

Pricing is 47,775

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the differences other than the color and the dealer items will be in the paperwork from Dodge. That is why I am asking as I am a little hesitant about any future value on the car. I Think if there is specific Dodge paperwork supporting the special build of 10 cars will make it worthwhile as it is extremely unusual for a manufacturer to build 10 of anything. If it ends up being a dealer only build other than the paint oddity then I will have to think long and hard about it?
What do you think if it were your money?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Since you asked if it were my money... well...If it were my money, I probably would NOT do it. I do not think it would be worth it.. but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Be cool if Hurst offered a run of 10 White/Gold cars
since previously they had to repaint the entire car for
an extra 10K but I don't know if there will be any white
SRT's offered beyond the IE edition.
A blower & tune you'd probably have 10 buyers ready to pony
up & extra 20K for a Vanishing Pt. car

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would see them on the same level as a Yenko Chevrolet, Shelby Ford, or Royal Pontiac GTO. The dealer obliged by only manufacturing 10 white Challengers specificially as Bob spec'd out. That's rarity in itself.

Call it a combination manufacturer/dealer special edition.

Desirable and bound to appreciate in price.

Isn't Barry Newman (Kowalski) suppose to sign these?
... I don't think you can compare them to the Yenko's or Shelby Mustangs. (Unless Bob does a lot more to the cars or gets Dodge to stuff the 426 Crate engines in them). Special colors, seats aren't going to give you much in appreciation - (in my humble opinion).

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
So you're paying about $4000 over msrp? Not really a big gamble in the end. I'm sure the Kowalski will be worth a few thousand more than a regular SRT in the long run.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
No big deal

So you're paying about $4000 over msrp? Not really a big gamble in the end. I'm sure the Kowalski will be worth a few thousand more than a regular SRT in the long run.
I agree Daddy Kool!

Having been around when the Yenkos and Motion cars were being 'reconfigured' it was no big deal back then to own one. Most of the guys buying those cars were guys incapable of modding a car themselves. Your typical lawyer and doctor crowd. My self-modded cars would have beat most of them handsdown. The collector car values on these 'dealer remakes' didn't kick in until the musclecar collector craze hit anyways. If I remember those units had no special number nor designation plaques. The decals were it besides the engine and chassis modificaions.

So unless a guy can zoom forward twenty or more years, ANY new Challenger car value is pure speculation. Besides, who's to say Bob Frederick and his group won't be the next generation Yenko or Baldwin-Motion dealership. Only time will tell.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts