Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yes, that car belongs to Chris Davis. And, he is a member here. His screen name is Kryptonite. And, that name is something special, which was between him and his son, who passed in 2007. I believe it was inspired from the song Three Doors Down produced. All of Chris' cars are known as that behind the screen. But, this car is officially called "Back Draft", I believe. Chris has put along into this car. And, the 2008 Super Bee Charger he had before it. The shelves and shelves of trophies he has from both cars acknowledges it all. lol I'm sure he'll chime in at some point. I will let him know this thread was started....

Here is a previous thread Chris made, and when he went to SEMA and his car was acknowledged..

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f6/story-behind-kryptonite-sema-32584/

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow I never knew the story behind the car. I remember seeing it at the Starbird car show a couple of years ago and I just couldnt stop looking at it. This was before I had gotten mine and just looking at this car it was just amazing. Very sad to hear about his son, great tribute to his memory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Abe. You are right about the details. Not everyone knows the story behind Kryptonite. My son suffered a long illness and was a ventilator dependent quadriplegic for his last four years. It was very similar to Christopher Reeve’s level of injury. He was my Christopher's hero. We followed his life and spine research. They were both Supermen in their own life struggles.

I guess now is as good of time as any. I just completed my website. It documents my builds and some background on my son. My son is the inspiration behind everything. I hope to share his story and the meaning behind…KRYPTONITE.

www.kryptoniteconcepts.com

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Chris good to see you have the site completed and stopping in to say hello. For any of you members that ever get a chance to meet Chris in person don't miss the opportunity he is a class act person. Hope to see you this coming year... :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Chris good to see you have the site completed and stopping in to say hello. For any of you members that ever get a chance to meet Chris in person don't miss the opportunity he is a class act person. Hope to see you this coming year... :)
Good to here from you too. I hope everyone enjoys the website. I have never made one before. It was more difficult than I thought it would be. Always looking for events to attend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts