Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my first door ding over this past weekend - was washing my car on Sunday and noticed it while I was drying. It was on the driver's side upper-rear quarter, just above the body line crease, about 6 inches rear of the gas cap, two small/shallow dents about an inch apart. I was upset, didn't sleep well Sunday night, but held my breath and called the local PDR guy my local Dodge dealer referred me to Monday morning. He was out early that afternoon and met me at my place - I didn't even have to move my Challenger out of the garage and get it dirty for him to work on it. Took him about 15 minutes of work while I stood on the opposite side of the car and we chatted (I couldn't bear to stand on the driver's side and watch him perform surgery on my car) and he was done - the results were truly incredible. I looked and couldn't even tell where the dents once were; after he left, I wiped down the entire rear fender, put a coat of wax on it, and looked over it repeatedly from every possible angle, and still no sign of the dents - just amazing! It cost me $75 and less than an hour of time and my baby was back to just like new. These guys that do this stuff are worth every penny (and then some, IMO) - they're artists in their own rite. There are limits to what they can fix of course, but in my case, I was saved from a lifetime of looking at my rear quarter panel and getting a knot in my stomach.

And apologies to all of those folks out there who think I'm crazy......I just love my Challenger too much......maybe therapy would help.......

And apologies also for the lack of pics - hindsight being 20/20, I should've snapped a few off for a 'before and after', but didn't think of it until after he was done. I'd take a few now, but there really truly isn't anything to show other than a normal Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Challenger rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i had a 5" line right behind my gas gas caused by the stupid idiotic leaf blower jackwad at work. The dent guy came to my house and took out the dent for $60. GOOD AS NEW. it was $75 if he removed the light, $60 if I did it. And ya, i was acting like a nervous father outside the delivery room while he was prodding and pushing and tapping. I was worried sick about it but the dent is GONE!!!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Well, I got my first door ding over this past weekend - was washing my car on Sunday and noticed it while I was drying. It was on the driver's side upper-rear quarter, just above the body line crease, about 6 inches rear of the gas cap, two small/shallow dents about an inch apart. I was upset, didn't sleep well Sunday night, but held my breath and called the local PDR guy my local Dodge dealer referred me to Monday morning. He was out early that afternoon and met me at my place - I didn't even have to move my Challenger out of the garage and get it dirty for him to work on it. Took him about 15 minutes of work while I stood on the opposite side of the car and we chatted (I couldn't bear to stand on the driver's side and watch him perform surgery on my car) and he was done - the results were truly incredible. I looked and couldn't even tell where the dents once were; after he left, I wiped down the entire rear fender, put a coat of wax on it, and looked over it repeatedly from every possible angle, and still no sign of the dents - just amazing! It cost me $75 and less than an hour of time and my baby was back to just like new. These guys that do this stuff are worth every penny (and then some, IMO) - they're artists in their own rite. There are limits to what they can fix of course, but in my case, I was saved from a lifetime of looking at my rear quarter panel and getting a knot in my stomach.

And apologies to all of those folks out there who think I'm crazy......I just love my Challenger too much......maybe therapy would help.......

And apologies also for the lack of pics - hindsight being 20/20, I should've snapped a few off for a 'before and after', but didn't think of it until after he was done. I'd take a few now, but there really truly isn't anything to show other than a normal Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Challenger rear quarter panel.

Thanks for the kudos even though i was not the one who repaired your car. I'm in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago and have been doing PDR for 20 years. I love to see the reaction of the customers when I just made there day and they can sleep again. It's a good feeling when the appreciate what we do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, when you spend upwards of $30k on a car and you're as passionate about them as us Challenger owners are, it's not an understatement to say that you guys are real lifesavers. Without you folks out there, we'd either be stuck living with the dent or facing rolling the dice with a body shop and a large bill. I've dealt with a fair share of body shop fixes and resprays in my life, none of which I was as thoroughly happy with as the 3 or 4 PDR repairs that I've had done.

Keep up the great work - I'll continue to keep recommending you guys to all my friends and family! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I had all the door dings removed (eight) for a Christmas present to me. Perfect! It took one month before a new one showed up on the right side. Bloody hell...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sheesh - what is it with people??? I always pay attention to my doors when I'm opening them and take great care to NOT hit other folks' cars, whether it's a beater or a Bentley. I've even burned it into my kids' brains to pay attention when opening the doors when they get out of my cars. Door dings drive me absolutely nuts! They are 100% preventable.....it shows total lack of care and respect for other people's property - it's not just about the actual damage they cause. Of course, in today's society this type of behavior is pretty rampant, so I guess that I shouldn't be too surprised........ :disgust:

·
Registered
101 Posts
YES door dings are very preventable, most people just dont care and that what infuriates me even more. I try to park in the back 40 of lots but have you guys seen how people drive towards the back of the lot, its like the road is crumbling behind them. It just is'nt safe to park your care in any lot.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
I've had the same great results with the dent removal guys. Like magic and very well worth the price! I'm even going to have them do my wife's '98 Buick prior to a new paint job so we don't have the skimmed body filler over the dings. I think the results will be better.

Also agree with folks bumping you with their doors. What's with these people!!? Kills me to park as far away as possible and come out to find someone parked next to me with 6" (maybe an exaggeration, but not much) between the cars!

I'd chain a large mean dog to it, but he'd probably end up laying on the hood.. and I'd have to use a plastic chain.. and probably get sued.. nevermind. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts