Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered an SPWB at the begining of March. It gets built and sent to the upfitter in less than 4 weeks. The status turns to KZ with no estimated delivery date. I call the dealer they know nothing but reach out to the Rep and get no response. This is the first time I ordered a car and will be the last at least from FCA. Been a long 5 weeks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ordered my spwb and it took 4weeks to build and 5 weeks to deliver, live in nj and nobody but nobody could give me a legit ETA. I hope you have better luck and your wait will be short.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I ordered an SPWB at the begining of March. It gets built and sent to the upfitter in less than 4 weeks. The status turns to KZ with no estimated delivery date. I call the dealer they know nothing but reach out to the Rep and get no response. This is the first time I ordered a car and will be the last at least from FCA. Been a long 5 weeks.
I think mine was like that for close to 6 weeks with no reliable updates. I just tried not to think about it. No amount of calling, emailing or worrying is going to make it show up any faster. The upfitter really throws a wrench in the works I think. I tried to embrace the anticipation (like a kid on xmas eve) and look forward to delivery day. Mine was ordered 11/8 and shipped to upfitter around 12/4 or 12/5. Didn't get delivered to dealer until Jan 17th. I spent those weeks researching PPF for the WB. Was an unplanned expense. Good luck and enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hopefully your car won't be anything like it, but after our Challenger was built, it took four months and eight days before it got to the dealer.
Hang in there, it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I ordered my widebody on Feb.15. It went to KZ status on 4/3. Since its been in KZ, the online rep hasn't been able to give me any more info about an ETA. I stopped by my dealer yesterday and sat at the computer with my salesman, we could see that the car had made it as far as Toledo by Thursday.
When the car went to KZ, I was able to print out a copy of my window sticker, so I at least have that.
Tom Petty was right...The waiting is the hardest part.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Join the club. My R/T was built within 2 weeks of order and finally got off the 1st rail last week. Have no idea where it is or when it's coming. It was built 6 weeks ago. Dealer can't tell me anything more. It's in the black hole.

I've taken the attitude, "It get here when it gets here". One of these weeks, I'll get the phone call. Hang in there. They just do a lousy job tracking these cars after they're built.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well things just got more interesting. Got a call from the dealer today saying the car is in Ohio. It will ship directly from there to Virginia on the next full truck. I wasnt able to ask a bunch of questions because I took the call at work. I was thinking the cars were shipped via railroad to NJ or some place up north than loaded onto a truck for delivery to the dealer. Just found it interesting the car is in Ohio.

·
Registered
46 Posts
FCA charges 1495 per car to ship, shipping by rail for them is the cheapest way to go. I think they pocket a lot of that and still get their cars to the dealers. I think on sold orders, if possible, and practical, spend a few more bucks and ship by truck. Maybe have an option, lets call it fast track, and pay a few hundred more on top of the 1495 that we have no control over, and make sure that it gets to us after its built by truck quicker.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think on sold orders, if possible, and practical, spend a few more bucks and ship by truck. Maybe have an option, lets call it fast track, and pay a few hundred more on top of the 1495 that we have no control over, and make sure that it gets to us after its built by truck quicker.
That would certainly cut down on cold starts, vehicles sitting in rail yards for prolonged periods, and such. I'd pay extra in a heartbeat for that option. Especially if it's enclosed transport.

Better yet, I'd like to be able to go pick it up with my own trailer. Yes, I'd pay extra to be able to do that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got the call I have been waiting for from the dealer last night. The car is in. Picking it up Saturday. Should be fun. Exactly 8 weeks from order, it arrived at the dealership. 2 weeks to build and 6 weeks in railyards. The salesperson saved all the paperwork for me and assured me they wouldn't stick any dealership badges on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think mine was like that for close to 6 weeks with no reliable updates. I just tried not to think about it. No amount of calling, emailing or worrying is going to make it show up any faster. The upfitter really throws a wrench in the works I think. I tried to embrace the anticipation (like a kid on xmas eve) and look forward to delivery day. Mine was ordered 11/8 and shipped to upfitter around 12/4 or 12/5. Didn't get delivered to dealer until Jan 17th. I spent those weeks researching PPF for the WB. Was an unplanned expense. Good luck and enjoy the new ride.

I ordered my SPWB on 4/6/19. What did you decide on the PPF for your WB?

Thanks,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got the call I have been waiting for from the dealer last night. The car is in. Picking it up Saturday. Should be fun. Exactly 8 weeks from order, it arrived at the dealership. 2 weeks to build and 6 weeks in railyards. The salesperson saved all the paperwork for me and assured me they wouldn't stick any dealership badges on it.
Congratulations!!!

Did your dealer/salesperson keep you updated throughout the build and shipping? The consensus seems to be once the car is built it disappears into a black hole for weeks and reemerges at the dealer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations!!!

Did your dealer/salesperson keep you updated throughout the build and shipping? The consensus seems to be once the car is built it disappears into a black hole for weeks and reemerges at the dealer.
After the build it was definitely a black hole. Dealer gave me what they could, but they are kept in the dark as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered my SPWB on 4/6/19. What did you decide on the PPF for your WB?

Thanks,
I did Suntek on nose, flares and bottom 3rd of the car. I found this pic on another forum and this is basically what I did (plus flares, minus hood.) I tried to find a balance between some protection and not going overboard. Price goes up fast. The prevailing opinion on the WB seems to be that you want some protection for the flares because the wider tires throw up a lot of debris. So either rock guards or PPF. Congrats and good luck with whatever you decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats, car is awesome. Worth the wait. I pulled mine out of storage last Saturday and put 165 miles on it. Still working through the break in period. Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
6 weeks in rail yards, get some Iron X and get all the rail dust off. If you plan on coating or PPF, they will do this when they decontaminate

A Guy

·
Registered
84 Posts
6 weeks in rail yards, get some Iron X and get all the rail dust off. If you plan on coating or PPF, they will do this when they decontaminate

A Guy
The dealer has a good detailer that is going through it before I pick it up. Personally, I love to detail my cars. Hopefully I don't have to correct the dealer's work LOL.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@capevettes Congratulations!!!!

I'm still awaiting the call. Tomorrow will be exactly 6 weeks. I guess if it doesnt come this week I will reset my patience meter and prepare not to see it for another two weeks. If they are waiting for a full truck before it heads to VA it could be a long wait. I think those carriers can hold 8-12 cars.....smh

1 - 20 of 34 Posts